Building a system - Whirlpool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skepace

Reaction score
So I am converting some kegs to use. Not sure on where to place a whirlpool tube. Also, can I use a steel mash braid in the BK even using the whirlpool technique?

Any advice would be great since I am about to buy a lot of parts today.

Thanks!!!

I have mine about in the middle of the keg. Dont go too far up otherwise you cant use it on 5gal batches. I would put about 5 gallons of water in your keg to find a good location so that it hits right about under the surface. Should work fine for 10gal batches this way as well.

With mine, i dont have any sort of filter on the pickup tube.

What do people typically use for a whirlpool setup? I'm looking into it too and am piecing together a bunch of stuff but am wondering what the standard setup looks like.

I went with a whirlpool since it seems more common in commercial use, along with reading its a better process.. and i wanted to eliminate my hop bag whenever possible since it would be one less thing to clean.

Thread I made awhile back with some pictures of setups:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/brew-kettle-whirpool-s-316793/

I've since switched from the street elbow to an actual tube that BargainFittings.com sells.

Back