Pot beer could be next high for some home brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about that. Back in the day,guys used to make pot tea out of the stems. I keep thinking a pressure cooker worked better though. I guess it's like we used to say-if you remember it clearly,you weren't there. :drunk:

I have heard of tea, but way back in the day we would add the stems with coffee grounds and make a nice tasty pot of coffee. But I love my beer and don't want weed in it. Besides wouldn't the boil kill the THC?

I have heard of tea, but way back in the day we would add the stems with coffee grounds and make a nice tasty pot of coffee. But I love my beer and don't want weed in it. Besides wouldn't the boil kill the THC?

Nah the boil doesn't kill THC, I knew a guy that made pot butter by simmering it in a skillet with butter and skimming the solids off the top, he would bake cookies, eat them before work, and sleep at his desk. Appeared to work quite well.

So it survived skillet simmering and baking, that's tough stuff.

I did it maybe 13 years ago. Ground up in a coffee grinder, put into whiskey for a week, poured into an IPA at kegging. Worked well, tasted good. Didn't replace the hops. Wouldn't do it now though. Mellowed with age, I suppose.

From what I remember, THC can be extracted with heat or alcohol, though with heat, I think it needs a fat like butter. Not sure, though.

I watched an episode og brewing tv yesterday,ep66 I think. It was about eis beer,a stout he made. The chef guy he had on the show talked about herbs & spices where some are water soluable,others oil soluable. So maybe weed is that way too.

I watched an episode og brewing tv yesterday,ep66 I think. It was about eis beer,a stout he made. The chef guy he had on the show talked about herbs & spices where some are water soluable,others oil soluable. So maybe weed is that way too.

So are hops, but we extract plenty of oil from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back