Sitting in a bucket for 5 months!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayoff

Reaction score
Due to some personal reasons I have a wheat that has been in a bucket for 5 months. My question is if i bottle this, will it carbonate ok?
Thanks for any insight

At this point, I'd add a dry yeast before bottling. It would probably carbonate without new yeast, but a cheap wine yeast would guarantee it in a reasonable time.

I'd say to re pitch to be safe. I'd also suggest to go with the same yeast, or if not give that new yeast plenty of time to eat some sugars that first may have left.

I would dry hop with 2 oz of your aroma hop for one week, then add a pack of S-05 dry yeast to the bottling bucket along with your priming sugar.

Due to some personal reasons I have a wheat that has been in a bucket for 5 months. My question is if i bottle this, will it carbonate ok?
Thanks for any insight

Is this in the primary, setting on the yeast cake? I only ask because there has been a lot of discussion of how long is it "safe" to leave a beer in the primary before the yeasties start to die off and leave bad flavors behind. I have no experience with this, just something I've read.

Back