Hhigh Altitude Hop Growing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WYOBrews

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to plant my first hops this weekend. I hope they will work out. I don't see why not. I'm going to try to grow Cascade, Sazz, Nugget, Jumbo Nugget, Zeus, Williamette, Mt Hood, and Chinook. I know, maybe a little over board for a first attempt, but go big or go home right???

I'm only writing to see if there are any others on here who are growing at high altitude. I live right at 7000'. If there are any folks out there growing, do you have any specific recomendations for this high of elevation?

Thanks!

I'm a 1st timer this year with cascades at 6700 ft. Had a foot of snow yesterday but fortunately they haven't broken out of the soil yet. All the veggies I planted last weekend are hosed though.

jkarp said:
I'm a 1st timer this year with cascades at 6700 ft. Had a foot of snow yesterday but fortunately they haven't broken out of the soil yet. All the veggies I planted last weekend are hosed though.

The weather will drive you crazy this time of year won't it!? Sorry about your veggies. Best of luck to you!

I'm at 7,000' as well. First year grower, though a neighbor of mine (owner of a plant nursery) has been growing quite successfully....

Give 'em as much sun as you can...

Back