Windows 7 and Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin_

Reaction score
I've sent an email off to technical support regarding this, but figured I'd post here as well.

I installed the Windows 7 RC the other day on my new computer. I went to install Beersmith and it gives me an error and crashes before anything has installed. Has anyone else tried to install it on Windows 7 and if so have you had any luck? I understand they might not support Windows 7 yet, and that's cool, but it'd be nice to have it.

I'm running 64-bit. I heard back from Brad at Tech Support and he mentioned that I try the zipped version of the installer and see if that works. I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I'll give it a try.

:off:

How do you like 7?

Drivers out there for most stuff?

IMO 7 is awesome. On this machine I've built, to this day I can't get Vista to work properly. On the same machine 7 installed flawlessly, picked up all of my hardware and has been chugging along without a single problem for months.

It's everything vista was supposed to be and more. When I installed it I was cautious and just kept it dual booting with XP because I figured there were still some bugs to be worked out, but after about a week I just nuked XP completely and don't even bother dual booting any more.

Isin't WIN -7 supposed to be a cross between Vista and MS XP?:off: Just asking.

It's an improvement on vista but it is supposed to be able to run xp programs in a virtual environment that is hidden to the user. we've been testing it here at work and i think its great

IMO 7 is awesome. On this machine I've built, to this day I can't get Vista to work properly. On the same machine 7 installed flawlessly, picked up all of my hardware and has been chugging along without a single problem for months.

It's everything vista was supposed to be and more. When I installed it I was cautious and just kept it dual booting with XP because I figured there were still some bugs to be worked out, but after about a week I just nuked XP completely and don't even bother dual booting any more.

Cool, looking forward to the new OS. I'm still running XP on my computer, but the rest of the family all have Vista on theirs. Such a PITA I never upgraded.

It's an improvement on vista but it is supposed to be able to run xp programs in a virtual environment that is hidden to the user. we've been testing it here at work and i think its great

:off:

I see! I recently bought a new laptop with Vista, and have spent several hours trying to navigate through Vista. I'm such an XP "groupie" that I feel lost when using Vista. I can't wait to see what WIN-7 looks like. Sorry for the OFF TOPIC remarks.

When I installed it I was cautious and just kept it dual booting with XP because I figured there were still some bugs to be worked out, but after about a week I just nuked XP completely and don't even bother dual booting any more.

I did the same. I had been running both of them, but last night I went ahead and dumped XP. I had a good relationship with XP, but it was time for something new.

Back