This is how you know you have a problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're problem is that you are spending too much on yeast! Start harvesting that stuff!

In reality I'm just jealous :p

You're problem is that you are spending too much on yeast! Start harvesting that stuff!

In reality I'm just jealous :p

I actually have just started harvesting. I thought what I'd do is get a variety of different strains I know I'll use in the next three months and harvest each one of them. What I'm hoping to do is have a few jars of each strain of harvested/washed yeast that I can give out to fellow brewclub members to make a starter with when they are brewing.

That's a great idea!

I wash and save yeast, and store it mostly in boiled Grolsch bottles. I don't have a ton right now, but I do have: pacman, pacific ale yeast, northwest ale yeast, California lager yeast, and another lager yeast that I can't remember at the moment (but it is labeled). That's on the door- then the kegs go into the main fridge. And the freezer section above- it's full of hops! I love this hobby!

Latest posts

Back