Help the beard itches it itches so badly!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So I decided to get my friend the ultimate birthday present, I am growing a mustache for her, actually I am growing a beard right now and for her birthday I am going to shave it into a mustache.... but I digress.

I am about a week in and the itching is driving me crazy. I usually don't wear a beard as I can never get past the first week or the "itchy stage" it just itches so much that I shave it off. But this is a birthday present I am giving someone, so what would you guys recommend for getting past this itchy stage... what should I do. Are there any beard wearers out there with some advice.

Conditioner. Use it. Not only is hair conditioner by far the best shaving cream, it really helps with beard management. Rub it in there thick and let it sit while you shower.

Other than that... adopt a thoughtful look and scratch slowly so it looks like you are pondering the universe or some other very important topic.

ummm. i dont know, my beard has never itched before. You should probably go to the clinic! Keep your beard away from hookers!

I've never tried to grow a beard but my father has to use Head and Shoulders on his breard so the conditioner suggestion makes perfect sence to me...

Try shaving "down there" and we can talk about itchiness.

I have manscaped before, and well in terms of itchyness, I have to say the face is winning over the nether regions, but it could have to do with guys and girls being built differently.

I have manscaped before, and well in terms of itchyness, I have to say the face is winning over the nether regions, but it could have to do with guys and girls being built differently.

Ok. You could try some aloe or conditioner. Both will help moisturize the skin and make it less itchy. I dunno if hydrocortizone will help, but it might be worth a try if you have some laying around.

For me, the itching doesn't usually last more than a few weeks. Since you're about a week in, hang in there.

If she's got nice boobies, it's all worth it.

I should try to find a way to scan my ID photo to post - I grew mine for over a year and it never really stopped itching. You do get used to it, however.

I would stay away from creams and lotions if you don't want your man card pulled.:p

+1 on the conditioner. It makes all the difference in the world. The itcheness will go away with time. dang the itch thats what i say!

I'm proud to wear my beard. The best way to get over the itch is to just hang in there. All good things in all good time.

Me:

mi2007-11-15.jpg

One of my heros:

Windmill_Beard.jpg

Thanks for a great laugh. I'm lucky not to have beer all over the monitor. As I open another window and post in the memorable quotes thread.

:mug:

I just went through it a month ago, after a few weeks you quit noticing it. Then the damn mustache hairs start curling up and tickle your nose, drives me nuts.

Back