FYI WSM $179 free shipping Amazon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
FYI, I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a WSM, and this cant be passed up. I really want to join you HBT'ers who own big breen eggs, but I gotta start some where.

wsm.jpg

Oops if you did not know WSM is Weber Smokey Mountian

IMHO, you can't go wrong with the $40 green smoker from Lowe's. The price is so niyeeece, and it's held up like a champ for me.

I'm a CookShack man, set it and forget it type. Picked it up new on eBay for a less than half of new and came with all the accessories. I have a traeger pellet grill and a older weber gas. Still have my eye on a BGE for making steaks and overflow smoking.

116.jpg

They also have a great smoking forums even if you dont have a cookshack smoker

IMHO, you can't go wrong with the $40 green smoker from Lowe's. The price is so niyeeece, and it's held up like a champ for me.

Thats what I have and it works great. Got something going on it right now actually.

Those brinkmanns aren't too bad, you just have to modify them. It blows my mind that the WSM is the only upright charcoal smoker on the market that has sufficient vents. It's such and easy fix, you'd think Brinkmann would get with the program. FWIW, I have a WSM, and it's great. Take care of it, and it'll last you 20 years.

I'm a CookShack man, set it and forget it type. Picked it up new on eBay for a less than half of new and came with all the accessories. I have a traeger pellet grill and a older weber gas. Still have my eye on a BGE for making steaks and overflow smoking.

116.jpg

They also have a great smoking forums even if you dont have a cookshack smoker

Interesting that they state that they're "illegal" on barbecue circuits. I suspect it's closer to an oven than a charcoal or wood-fired smoker.

Wait a minute, those things are only $40?? I guess everyone can forget about my thread on cheap smoking. IMO, $40 is cheap enough! :mug:

Which smoker is that?? I'm looking for something descent and cheap, I was on the fence on the Amazon WSM deal and waited to long... $40 would be nice though!

The $40 green charcoal ones are pretty decent, but they aren't quite in the same league as a WSM. A cheapie brinkman water smoker is how I got started into bbq though and it served me well for about 3 years.

For you guys looking into ceramics you should also look into grilldome. I ended up with one of them when shopping for a BGE and I absolutely love it for steaks or small cooks. Big family gatherings I use it for the sides and my Traeger for the rest of the food.

Interesting that they state that they're "illegal" on barbecue circuits. I suspect it's closer to an oven than a charcoal or wood-fired smoker.

Competition cookers don't allow any heat source besides wood (including pellets) or charcoal. A lot of the cookshacks use a heating element.

Cookshack also manufactures Fast Eddie Cookers which are competition approved and AWESOME machines...I wish I could swing one.

Latest posts

Back