10-12 Litre Batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpandnz

Reaction score
I have a pot that can do a partial boil, its around 12-13 litres and I am planning on getting a much bigger pot, around 17 litres.

This is due to the fact that I want to do small batches of some IIPA and DIPA that are much higher in alcohol as you would normally expect. This would be my first time going all grain, BIAB.

My reasoning is, 11-12 litres would give me at least 25 375ml bottles and when you are drinking a big hoppy, strong DIPA, I think 375ml would be quite good as opposed to 750ml which is what my bottles are that I use for every other batch.

My question is, is there any reason I cannot do small batches? I am hopping to be able to find recipes for All Grain and then divide the amounts in half and wallah! I should have a recipe for an 11 litre all grain IIPA :D

Any advice would be good.

I normally do 23 litres but when I boil my hops and then top my fermenter up, all my IBU's get smashed down and I don't get that massive hop taste.

Back