Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, somebody on this forum told me that were surprised at seeing me in person, as they believed from the forum that I was a bearded guy, and heavy set, and they thought my name was "Joe". After laughing about it, we pieced together that my avatar sometimes is Red Green, and I posted Joe Mattioli's "Joe's Ancient Orange Mead", so he thought I was Joe.

Anyway, I was thinking it would be fun to give our impressions of some our HBT imaginary friends, but remembering to be nice!

I've actually met about 100-150 of you in person, so that doesn't count!

I'll go first.

CreamyGoodness is a quiet guy, wears glasses, and is on the thin side.

How close am I? Maybe he'll say.

I picture RevVy to look like the cover of TOOL's first album "Opiate"....I mean that in the nicest way possible, every time I see a post by him, my mind thinks of that cover???

Yuri is a machinist in build and general personality.

A muscular guy with broad shoulders. Takes pride in everything he does and has very defined lines about what is appropriate and what is not. There is no gray area. But having said that, as long as you know where the lines are, the conversation flows and you may even pique his interest if you talk about stuff you build. Oh and no facial hair.

How can you do this and be nice? Prejudice is prejudice... When I have opinions of the type of person HBTer's are, I'm usually in Archie Bunker mode. I think the vast majority of us are great, common minded people but, if you ask me what my minds eye sees , I don't think I can tell you without stepping on toes.

Brewskii said:
How can you do this and be nice? Prejudice is prejudice... When I have opinions of the type of person HBTer's are, I'm usually in Archie Bunker mode. I think the vast majority of us are great, common minded people but, if you ask me what my minds eye sees , I don't think I can tell you without stepping on toes.

This is drunken ramblings, don't say anything too stupid but tell the drunken truth.

Ok,

I think Revy is around/ sl past retirement age and never leaves his computer... The only reason you don't hear more from him is because he gets so upset that people start threads that have already been started that he can't bring himself to actually post for a little while.

How'd I do?

I never picture anyone as a woman. Usually bearded overweight white dudes, single, and severely type A. I also think a lot of these guys also have secondary fermentors in their basement, and just pretend they never even thought of using them on a brew after a week in a primary. Sometimes I also picture their garages just jam packed with junk. Place of residence is somewhere not urban, but not quite rural and kind of on the crappy side. Maybe moms house even.

Dont even ask what I think when I'm not being nice...... :mug:

I never picture anyone as a woman. Usually bearded overweight white dudes, single, and severely type A. I also think a lot of these guys also have secondary fermentors in their basement, and just pretend they never even thought of using them on a brew after a week in a primary. Sometimes I also picture their garages just jam packed with junk. Place of residence is somewhere not urban, but not quite rural and kind of on the crappy side. Maybe moms house even.

I'm a black woman, but everything else you say is right . . .

I think it is funny how certain people's avatar picture gets into your brain and you start thinking they look like that. Like Dan is a young Sean Connery or PassedPawn is a Ward Cleaver type. Yooper changes it up enought that I am left with a confused mishmash of a dominatrix, a puppy, and a Clay Matthews gun show!

When I first joined I had an avatar pic of Brian Fontana from anchor man...in full ****** mode ("sixty percent of the time it works every time!"). But then I thought do I really want people to envision me as Brian the *********?

haha, awesome! See, I'm not too far off! I know there are women, and that ethnic diversity does in fact exist. Two things give me my HBT personalities vision. 1) My mirror and 2) that Buffalo Wild Wings commercial........:cross:

Do me do me! Seriously though, I picture Malfet in Cosby sweaters in a big leather chair with a book in hand.

That's perfect. Wear a Bigfoot costume and get free beer. Who's gunna stop you?
Now I'll picture dbrewski as the guy in the custume stealing beer.

Yuri_Rage is a big, bearded, pissed-off Russian mafia guy who you don't want to mess with.

Pumbaa is the unibomber 2.0.

Malfet is the smartest person ever, hands down. He is so true neutral that he cannot even agree with himself. I picture him dressed in an early 1900's style suit as he reads the New York Times.

Oh, that reminds me! Airborneguy is a NY cop, but looks and acts just like "Ponch" in CHiPs, (Erik Estrada) complete with swagger. :D

TxBrew looks like a slightly fat george carlin with a heavy dash of 6 foot tall willie nelson in my mind

I picture Biermuncher and Yuri as the same indiudual - hyper and angsty 30-something's who are making the rough transition into grumpy old men. They look identical in real life.

olllllo was born a grumpy old man, although sometimes while drinking becomes a small child. Definitely a recovering D&D, MMO freak.

Yooper is a chatty and energetic grandma with large breasts and likker on her breath. (Did I get it?) ;)

+1 on Malfet. He may not look as colonial as his profile pic, but he probably does keep a well groomed beard, definitely a brunette, around 5'11", has many interests but doesn't like to spend too much time on any of them, and has an IQ somewhere between Einstein and God.

I picture Airborne as a slight but muscular tattooed Italian with a smirk and dark glasses, driving a Mazda Miata. ;)

I pictured Dan as Sean Connery, until I saw his pic and now I picture him as a war scarred Vietnam Vet who brought back a SE Asian woman and has had hell with her since, so drinks quite a bit of beer and tried to escape with his buddies

I see Mikeysab as a chunky little Italian who likes video games and won't send me my **ing beer :D

I see TX as a kindly older German man. Maybe sings his Dachshund to sleep with Edelweiss

I picture creamy g also as being quiet and withdrawn, a career oriented family man who only gets to blossom on the internets.

I see myself as getting slapped if I don't get off the forum and get some coffee made.

For yooper I pictured a younger betty white, like from the golden girls, but not as innocent and would always catch you offgaurd with a one liner

I see Mikeysab as a chunky little Italian who likes video games and won't send me my **ing beer :D

One word: FAT :ban:

Oh, that reminds me! Airborneguy is a NY cop, but looks and acts just like "Ponch" in CHiPs, (Erik Estrada) complete with swagger. :D

Unfortunately very close to the truth. ;)

For yooper I pictured a younger betty white, like from the golden girls, but not as innocent and would always catch you offgaurd with a one liner

I picture yooper much younger, like late 30s easrly 40s, and on the thin side. Short hair. maybe with a little red.

I'd play but the stereotypes of the folks I interact with most are based on physical appearance. Gila really is a midget.

Pumbaa is the unibomber 2.0.

Malfet is the smartest person ever, hands down. He is so true neutral that he cannot even agree with himself. I picture him dressed in an early 1900's style suit as he reads the New York Times.

With a tumbler of single malt whisky and a single ice cube that never melts.

I'd play but the stereotypes of the folks I interact with most are based on physical appearance. Gila really is a midget.

So is dataz...

I thought Cape was a 6'8" black guy. Then I met him at NHC and he's a 5'4" scrawny, balding, white guy. :p

Marubozo is a fat *******. :D

No really, he is.

And I picture emjay as a surfer or something with as much time as he spends at the beach.

I picture yooper much younger, like late 30s easrly 40s, and on the thin side. Short hair. maybe with a little red.

Well, I'm older but I'm pretty small and I do have short hair!

It's funny, when I met Revvy in person. He is about, I dunno, 6'10" or so. And he's not fat, but he's a big guy. I'm 5'5" tall, size 4, about 135 pounds. Most people I know are quite a bit bigger than I am.

He towered over me, and said something like "Oh my God, you're so TINY!" I laughed and said, "What were you expecting? A big buff butch?"

He answered, "Well, actually, well, yeah!" :D

I picture Revvy as the undertaker from the WWE. Long hair, tattoos, trench coat, riding a dirty old Harley Evo Springer with a duck sauce bucket bungeed to the back.

a couple as of yet unmentioned:

i picture edwort as very german. like basically one of the german guys from beerfest.

biermnuncher is basically a clone of sam caligoine from beer wars

for some reason when i first read through dethbrewers stove top AG i thought the captions were going to say here is my friend doing x. i don't know what i was expecting, but i was still surprised.

Cheezy demon is a late 20s small nerd with a slight hunchback, bad acne, and big glasses who, when he isn't brewing, sits in front of his computer posting on the seven different forums he's addicted to while doing quests in some mmorg. In his mom's basement. Surrounded by carboys. And giant posters from different video games. :drunk

Do me do me! Seriously though, I picture Malfet in Cosby sweaters in a big leather chair with a book in hand.

Probably something in Latin... I'm always afraid to respond to any of his posts. Not that I'll get something wrong, but that I'll get something right. Then he'll want to engage me in conversation and I'll have to continue the misplaced facade that I'm actually intelligent.

jmendez29 said:
Probably something in Latin... I'm always afraid to respond to any of his posts. Not that I'll get something wrong, but that I'll get something right. Then he'll want to engage me in conversation and I'll have to continue the misplaced facade that I'm actually intelligent.

Too funny. I feel the same way. In the debate forum I'm afraid he would answer and I would look dumber than normal.

NuclearRich said:

Pappers_ said:

Your bearded?!?
:)

rhoop said:
Cheezy demon is a late 20s small nerd with a slight hunchback, bad acne, and big glasses who, when he isn't brewing, sits in front of his computer posting on the seven different forums he's addicted to while doing quests in some mmorg. In his mom's basement. Surrounded by carboys. And giant posters from different video games. :drunk

With girly feet

Oh, bottlebomber is a really nice guy, and kind of quiet. He's one of those people who people like, but he doesn't really say much until he gets to know them.

Back