Member's Mark Apple Juice. Worthy of EdWort's Apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouza

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used the Member's Mark juice and how the Apfelwein turned out.

That is what I used. I am only making 3 gallons though. I has been sitting for a month now, and one more to go.
I did add 3 cinnamon sticks to see if it might flavor it some. Time will tell I guess.

yes as far as i know, the only thing that really matters is that the juice has no preservatives...other than that i think your pretty much good to go

Sweet. I was kind of thinking that the Members Mark was "second rate" but I love the affordability. Has anyone seen a difference using a higher-end product?

Sweet. I was kind of thinking that the Members Mark was "second rate" but I love the affordability. Has anyone seen a difference using a higher-end product?

Well, I use martinelli's juice for my apple ciders, mostly because I've been doing small test batches and they way I see it is they tastier the apple juice going in, the better the cider/apfelwein tastes in the end. and with only a few dollars difference per gallon, I'd rather end up with as good of an end product as I can, I didn't get into this hobby to make cheap booze, I got into it in order to make stuff that I like, for the fun of it.

I didn't get into this hobby to make cheap booze, I got into it in order to make stuff that I like, for the fun of it.

I think I did it for both reason myself, I'm cheap, and like good beer. 15 years ago getting a good beer was almost impossible, and very expensive.

To the OP, you can use the cheapest AG you can find, then just back sweeten it with the best you can find. Most of the flavor gets wiped out in fermentation, adding a little good stuff prior to kegging or bottling can get that flavor back.:mug:
Starting to plan yet another cider myself.

Back