simple temperature control with hot plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

it99

Reaction score
I just want to do some simple temperature control for my 120 volt hot plate.
I am going get my water up to temp and then put it on my hot plate to maintain the temperatuerre for HLT batch sparging. Is there something easy that is prebuilt already or do you have to custom build something? THanks

Check out auberins.com. They have a bunch of prebuilt controllers for meat smokers and souis vide cooking. I would imaging that the souis vide controllers are meant for switching 120V where you would just need to plug in your hot plate and toss a temp probe in the water.

I just want to do some simple temperature control for my 120 volt hot plate.
I am going get my water up to temp and then put it on my hot plate to maintain the temperatuerre for HLT batch sparging. Is there something easy that is prebuilt already or do you have to custom build something? THanks

A DIY STC-1000 controller will run you about $25 for the controller and another $15 for the parts to enclose it (enclosure, AC Outlet, power cord, wire, on/off master(optional)).

Back