Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Pittsburgh, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurghBrewer

Reaction score
To all:

My wife (who was my fiance at the time) bought me a brewing supply set and a Marzen Lager kit for Christmas last year, and I have been hooked ever since. Since then, I have been absolutely addicted to brewing and experimenting. I have since ditched kits and have been working on original recipes (the good: a dark, extremely hoppy ale brewed with oats; the bad: an infected batch of Irish Red that basically tasted like turpentine, an many other mediocre brews).

With a general Google search I thankfully stumbled on this forum and have used it for my own entertainment, for research, for therapy (when I panic that there is something floating in my secondary, I go here) and for general laughs and discussion on brewing. You all have been such a tremendous help thus far and I couldn't thank you enough.

So from here out, I'll be posting more, but I just wanted to say thanks! I had no idea I would be as hooked as I am with this hobby, and I am sure this forum had something to do with it.

In short: I live in Pittsburgh, I work in Government and Public Relations, I live in a 100-year-old-house that I am constantly trying to fix up, and I am thoroughly addicted to all things brewing.

Damn fine to meet you all!

Here we go Steelers! Welcome. Used to love going to Pittsburgh when I lived back home (Wheeling area). Now in Columbus, Ohio. Want to try and make it over for a Pens game this year to see the new arena. I'm fairly new to homebrewing and love this site. Lots of great info.

Nice to see another Burgher, welcome to the obsession. Lager for a first batch, howd that go?!?

There is more information here than you can shake a stick at, read read read. Ask questions too, everyone is pretty helpful here and you will often get a response in no time.

Welcome to the forum! Love to see Yinzers joining up! Been meaning to drop by a T.R.A.S.H. meeting myself, but it never seems to work out...this forum has helped me out of a lot of different predicaments...these are good people.

Back