Blichmann Hop Rocket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maida7

Reaction score
Has anybody used one of these? What kind job do they do on filtering the trub from the wort? Anybody every used them with rice hull instead on hops just as a filter? What's your experience?

TIA

I don't have one so maybe I should keep quiet. But this seems to me as such an oversight that I have to say something.

I watched the video of the Hop Rocket being used. The way it is built with the round top makes it a juggling act to get it loaded and assembled for use. There should be legs on it or a base included for loading. Seems obvious to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have one so maybe I should keep quiet. But this seems to me as such an oversight that I have to say something.

I watched the video of the Hop Rocket being used. The way it is built with the round top makes it a juggling act to get it loaded and assembled for use. There should be legs on it or a base included for loading. Seems obvious to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEO75CszMcI

Yeah, I see what your talking about in the video. But that looks like a minor flaw. I could build a simple wood frame for it to sit on when loading and clamping down the lid.

I don't think I'd use it as a randal. I'm not a fan of that randal hop taste. I'm more interested in it as a way to filter trub with leaf hops and / or rice hulls.

Back