Brewing TV #70: Inside Hop Union

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot! Watched it earlier this morning and loved. Great to see all of the hops just eating for the right wort.

Woof. If you're getting painfully frequent and lengthy stalls like I was watching this video via the BTV site in the original link, go straight to Youtube instead via this link. Stall free.

Anyway, the only question I have is: anyone try this "Topaz" yet?

Cheers!

Good video. The question I have after seeing that is what temperature is their warehouse. Clearly it's not at freezer temps, it may not have even been refridgerated, makes you think.

Anyway, the only question I have is: anyone try this "Topaz" yet?

The Hop Madness 2012 episode coming up on Nov. 2nd has us brewing with Australian Topaz and Stella. Haven't tasted that beer yet, but Topaz smelled amazing - very Chinooky, Simcoe-y and like Don Bryant said a nice one to sub in for Amarillo.

It was CRAZY. The two days Farley and I were there the whole town of Yakima smelled like hops b/c they pelletize around the clock during harvest! It was bonkers.

Chip @ BTV

texabamasota said:
The Hop Madness 2012 episode coming up on Nov. 2nd has us brewing with Australian Topaz and Stella. Haven't tasted that beer yet, but Topaz smelled amazing - very Chinooky, Simcoe-y and like Don Bryant said a nice one to sub in for Amarillo.

It was CRAZY. The two days Farley and I were there the whole town of Yakima smelled like hops b/c they pelletize around the clock during harvest! It was bonkers.

Chip @ BTV

Chip... Love yer' show bro.... ALL FOR BREW!

Back