Can if fit in a small box?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamp24

Reaction score
I’m looking for some advice from people who have built and all electric system…..has anyone used a 10”x10x”x4” enclosure?
I’m going to try to cram the follow into a 10”x10x”x4” enclosure
2-PIDs
2-SSR/Heat Sink
1-On/Off switch
1-Alarm
1-On/Off switch for the pump
All other misc. and wiring

What do you think will it all fit?

Are you going to hard wire your HLT and BK elements into the box or put in plug recepticles? Didn't see recepticles listed, which would be best so you can disconnect the kettles from your control box (and the pump, too). Have you thought of everything else you might want to add. As everyone here will say, bigger is better. You might fit it, but you will probably wish you had more room.

Are you planning to put the controls on the 10x10 side or the 10x4 side. I don't know if 4" is deep enough for a PID. I got a 12x12x6 junction box from home depot. It was pretty cheap.

I highly doubt you will fit that much equipment in that small of a box. I got that same 12x12x6 box that adam mentioned and only had one pid, ssr, and contactor. With all the switches and distribution blocks and wiring things can get difficult quickly.

you could easily fit all of that gear into a box with a 10x8 face. 10x10 would be fine.

edit: I have an 8x10x6 box. 2 PIDs, 2 SSRs, several switches, outlets, power distribution, etc... it can all fit in there.

But, like others have mentioned... the 4" depth might be a problem due to PIDs as well as SSRs with heatsinks (if you plan to put the sink inside the box).

I have a 6x6x4 box from Lowes (Carlon brand) and a SYL-2352 PID has about 1/4" to spare if top mounted. A 25a SSR w/heatsink clears no problem.

Back