The Ultimage Beer Vessel for my Vessel....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewOnBoard

Reaction score
My brew setup finishes by putting beer in 24oz plastic beer bottles like these:

PETS12FullV1.jpg

I like them because they take up barely more space than 12oz bottle (fridge space is PREMIUM) and are less destructable than glass. They're not a pleasure to drink out of though and if I'm not splitting one and drink from the bottle the beer can get warm on a hot day.

I'm looking for the perfect beer transport vessel for on board beer consumption under sail. Ideally it should be:

1: A pleasure to drink out of, adding to the experience.
2: Be somewhat durable. Thick glass (like a pint glass) is okay. Fine thin glass is not! Must survive a tip-over.
3: Have insulating properties or at least pre-chillable
4: Either a wide non-slip base or fit in a standard drink holder
5: A lid like a tankard would be especially cool for those stormy days, but not required

Stainless commuter coffee mugs come to mind, but fail the #1 criteria.

All entries welcome!:mug:

BrewOnBoard

My suggestion, a 3 or 5 gallon corny with a keglove:

3.0 Gallon KEGLOVE & Ice Blanket Bundle

3_gallon_400x500.jpg

This allows you to use your stainless coffee mug and should fill all of your criteria. I have a 5 gallon keglove and it worked quite well over July 4th weekend.

Ummm.... thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps I wasn't clear with my question. Having solved the problem of storing and keeping the beer cold until it's ready to drink I was asking for suggestions of vessels to drink out of. Believe me, if I could tip the keg up and drink directly from it I would,:drunk: but since I can't I'll still look around for the perfect tankard, stein, glass, or mug to drink out of...

BoB

Yep. Find somebody who raises goats, or sheep, and work something out.

Also, buy a few pelts, to drape around your body, as clothing.

go with a tap a draft or similar system, on "keg" holds about 12 beers (12oz) or 5L and don't take up a lot of room in the fridge. Prime just like a bottle and just cool and tap the keg when ready to drink!

I got a couple of 20oz thick glass mugs at walmart. They are great. I have dropped one once and it did not break. They were cheap...$1.97 each.

Back