Where can I get these 750ml bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebshiff21

Reaction score
Are they just wine bottles? I have one from a bottle that I drank and you can put a regular crown cap on them no problem.

Old_Abominable_Whiskey.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a source online.

No, you can't use regular wine bottles. Wine bottles aren't designed to hold pressure, and they can explode if a carbonated beverage is put in them.

You can order Belgian beer bottles, though, that will work just fine. You'll need a corker than can install them, and the corks and cages. Many homebrew stores have them. 750 ml Belgian-style Beer Bottles

I have a couple of the ones from the picture above and would like to get around 10 more. I'd rather have a full case of the same style bottle.

That looks like a standard champagne bottle to me, I always save any I come across, and yes they do indeed take a regular crown cap. You can also get them cheap (if you dont find them as chamagne bottles online) by buying 3-4 packs of Martinelli's brand.

1528192699_91a4e0a060.jpg

Places like sam's club usually have them in shrink wrapped multiple packs...and even in cases around holidays, especially new year's eve to have for kid's or N/A parties.

The stuff is not that bad to drink either, if you don't mind your cider "soft."

That looks like a standard champagne bottle to me, I always save any I come across, and yes they do indeed take a regular crown cap. You can also get them cheap (if you dont find them as chamagne bottles online) by buying 3-4 packs of Martinelli's brand.

1528192699_91a4e0a060.jpg

Places like sam's club usually have them in shrink wrapped multiple packs...and even in cases around holidays, especially new year's eve to have for kid's or N/A parties.

The stuff is not that bad to drink either, if you don't mind your cider "soft."
:mug: Nice! Didn't even think of that... SWMBO loves Asti :)

You can crown cap most North American sparkling wines but many of the European bottles have a different mouth size.

26mm vs. 29mm. You can get 29mm crowns at most LHBSs.

Also, the Amber "champagne" bottles that Boulevard's Smokestack Series come in appear to take 29mm Crowns. (which kind of blows the whole US/Europe dichotomy.)

Edit: This place Wine Bottles lists them, but says to call about availability. Beware, their website is not friendly to firefox.

My advice...

Save up some money and take a quick trip to Argentina! They've got some great Brown Glass bottles that are returnable (ie...not twist off) and they hold 950 ml. Almost a Litre of Beer!!

I brought some back when I used to fly down there. I wish I had more. I usually bottle 2-4 of these bottles...and put the rest of my batch into KEGs... It is so much better than 12 oz bottles.

I wish they were readily available here in the states.

Do any restaurants around you serve champagne brunch? How about bars?

No need to shell out for new when you can trade a bartender some homebrew for some empty bottles.

There are some "Belgian" style 750ml bottles out there that accept caps, rather than corks. Off the top of my head, the only beer I can think of that comes in them is Jolly Pumpkin.

1189.jpg

Dead-thread revival!

Sierra Nevada's 30th Anniversary ales come in cappable 750 ml bottles, as does the Estate Harvest ale they put out this year. The Anniversary ales are sold with corks, the Estate ale is sold with a cap and wax.

Latest posts

Back