Hot Summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetsers

Reaction score
It has gotten too hot to brew, so I ordered a saison kit.

Some things I noticed, and would like some feed back on.

Background: Temp when I started this batch was 90 to 100f out, and I don't have a good way to controll my fermentation temp.

Brew day everything went perfect, from cleaning to taking my OG. (right on the dot)

But 9 days later when I noticed my airlock no longer giving me any bubbles, I transfered to the secondary.

When I opened the primary, I had what looked like round yeast clumps at the top of my wert, It smelled good and tasted good, but they sure looked strange.

Now that it is in the secondary I am only getting about 1 bubble every 5 minutes out of the airlock.

So my question is: Should I keg it now, or wait until I see 0 activity in the airlock.

This is my first time using saison yeast ( normaly I use california ale yeast and keg after 1 week primary, 1 week seconday.)

Thanks all I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Just let her ride in 2ndary for a week or so maybe 2 the longer the better. Keeps you from drinking green beer. you did float CO2 in 2ndary right???
JJ

float CO2 in 2ndary?

This batch was only my 7th batch and will only be my second time kegging.

I am not too sure of what you are asking. I don't normaly do anything except rack to the secondary, put the lid and airlock on and let it sit another week.

Back