Oxygenating tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellerAle

Reaction score
Is there such thing as a oxygenating tablet that could be added to cooled wort to bring the oxygen levels up after a long boil. I'm just thinking this as i stare down a glass of Alka-Seltzer.

This is what you want.

S78.JPG

WILLIAM'S OXYGEN AERATION SYSTEM

I have one and it rocks! :rockin:

That's pretty cool. It says it takes standard O2 tanks from the hardware store? I didn't know you could get oxygen tanks at the hardware store. What's a tank cost and how long does it last?

fritz_monroe said:
That's pretty cool. It says it takes standard O2 tanks from the hardware store? I didn't know you could get oxygen tanks at the hardware store. What's a tank cost and how long does it last?

Get the tanks at Lowes or Home Depot in the welding department. They cost about 8 bucks. Be sure to unscrew the regulator in between batches otherwise the tank will go empty on you.

used to be you could buy grayish tablets from bait shops that "seeped" O2 bubbles to keep minnows more active.

don't know if they were safe for use in products intended for human consumption, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Latest posts

Back