BB holiday ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManBearPig

Reaction score
I know someone already touched on brewers best holiday ale kit, but my question is when to add the spice pack, boil? Primary? Bright tank? Thanks

per the instructions, spice pack is added with the finishing hops 15 minutes prior to end of boil.

I left mine in primary for 3 weeks (including pitching another packet of nottingham which didn't help), then racked to the carboy for another month before I finally decided it had been done and bottled.

I just brewed the Midwest Holiday Ale and it sounds pretty similar. It uses cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. I kept the cinnamon stick in the primary for 3 and a half weeks and then switched the beer over to secondary (without cinnamon) for another month before bottling.

It's been bottled for about a week and a half now so I'll give it a few more.

Tiamat - how long did it take for your bottles to carbonate? Just so I can get a rough estimation.

Normally I have a few bottles more than 2 cases, which i open after a few days to a week to see how things are progressing. This time I came out with an even 48 bottles, so I didn't have any extra to test.

I bottled on 11/1, and didn't open one until Thanksgiving day (which is what I specifically brewed this batch for). They were carbed just fine by then (but still too sweet).

Back