Aloha from Hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I've made a few batches of beer in the past (while I lived in Alaska and Missouri) but now I'm in Hawaii. I'm about to dive in yet again, I'm either going to be doing specialty grain brewing or maybe just go in head first and do all grain, I'm leaning towards the former. Haven't met another home brewer here on Kauai but maybe they're on the forum. Looking forward to figuring out how to circumvent Hawaii's brewing challenges.

Your biggest problem will be supplies and temperature control. Plenty of craft breweries around there, so all-grain might be the way to go if you can get in with one of them.

Welcome on board.. david_42 is spot on, you'll need to watch your temps brewing in that climate.

I lived in Australia for a year or so and tried brewing there and monitoring the temps was a full time job.. maybe I should have used a refrigerator :)

Back