Flying Fish and Philadellphia Brewing Company yeasts free at my LHBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max4677

Reaction score
No idea if this is the right forum...

For our Big Brew/Homebrew Day (~280 Gallons this year) we had yeast from Philadelphia Brewing Company and Flying Fish donated for our use. Beercrafters still has a lot of Flying Fish left along with some PBC as well. I believe the PBC was an American Ale type of yeast like Wyeast 1056. The FF was an English Ale type.

On the day (5/3) I made three beers and all of them were bubbling furiously within 2 hours. I grabbed about 2 L of slurry yesterday so I know there is a lot left. It is kept at the store in one of their fridges in the back. Bring out a sanitized container and call ahead 856.2-BREWIT to be sure they still have it. I know they are planning on dumping it soon.

I'd rather not have it go to waste if possible. If they ask how you know about it, just say you are friends with Mark Maxwell and I told you to get some.

Of course while you are there, buy something from the store. It's only fair. :)

Latest posts

Back