Check this Keg out....looks odd??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuri_Rage said:
That's the old style that requires a wooden bung. It won't make a very good keggle unless you weld the bunghole shut. What a phrase...

HAHA! First time I have heard that. hmmm Welded Bunghole Brewery ....can I use that as my brewery name Yuri?

It's a cask not a keg.

2617395.JPG

I believe Yuengling brewery still uses kegs like that, of course I have not seen a keg of Yuengling in about 5 or so years, so I could be mistaken.

Don

Brewiz said:
It would be great for a cask condition beer. I would love to have it, but a little to far away.
I would love one of those, I havent been able to find one around here.buy it and brew 10 gallon batches of cask conditioned ale

Firkin

that's what those are often refered to.

Gravity drain. You tap the bung, after relieving the pressure of course.

Those are very difficult to find, wish I were closer. I'd love to use to to cask age some beers. Someone will certainly buy it and have a nice addition to their beer toyz.

I have two of those from Alaskan Brewing Company that I bought off some guy who was moving for $20 each. He said he planned on turning them into barbecues but never got around to it. They have something about bad valves written on the labels with a date marked around 1993-5.

Back