Did you all have a name for your "brewery" after one batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I'm thinking I want a name already.

I want to go with "Subterranean Homesick Brew"

What do you think? Too long? I think it is fantastic.

If you like it, that's what matters! I'm sure that it has meaning for you, and that's the important thing.

I had a name right away- I broke my leg playing hockey (actually my teammate did it to me) and she makes wine. Since she is the one who ruined my life for a year, I asked her how to make wine. I had to have hobbies that didn't require much walking that I could do from my wheelchair. I started making wine and quickly realized that it takes FOREVER- so I started making beer. Hence, Broken Leg Cellars changed to Broken Leg Brewery. Fortunately, the leg is now about 85% better but the name stuck.

Good to hear the leg is getting better!

I'm a huge music fan and I was thinking about what I could call myself and I was thinking about going with something from the Ramones, but then I was listening to Bob Dylan and it just kind of hit me as a fantastic name. I love the song, so I think I like it.

It is that or Rockaway Brew.

olllllo said:
I'm sure Tangled up in Brew is taken.

Yeah, there's some HBT member who has a website called "Tangled Up In Brew". Can't remember who, though, but I remember clicking on a link.

Took me over a year to come up with mine. No need to take that long though. You can always change it later. It's not like you will spend a couple of million for name recognition and be stuck with it forever.:tank:

Came up with one, dropped it. Came up with another, dropped it. Now I'm using and think I'll stick with "Fish + Bird Brewing" (lots of layers to it for me personally).

Mine was originally named after my assistant brewmaster and motivation for getting into brewing in the first place. However, being that all he does is whine, goof around and nap on the job, I'm thinking about changing the name to something else. And finding a new assistant brewmaster.

The wife suggested T & A Brewing, but a couple days ago I was smoking a cigar and for some reason Brokeback Brewery just popped into my head and I couldn't stop chuckling to myself.:ban:

So there it is, and soon I will own brokebackbrewery.com!:rockin:

HarvInSTL said:
The wife suggested T & A Brewing, but a couple days ago I was smoking a cigar and for some reason Brokeback Brewery just popped into my head and I couldn't stop chuckling to myself.:ban:

So there it is, and soon I will own brokebackbrewery.com!:rockin:

So, let me get this straight...

You were suckin' on a big, brown tube, prolly six or eight inches long, probably really enjoying it, and started thinking of the word "brokeback"? :confused:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Here's a thread on my ideas for my brewery name.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=22925

3712-RC2.jpg

I'm still working it, but plan on making a big announcement on it this week.

Big for me - not big for anyone else.:D

the_bird said:
So, let me get this straight...

You were suckin' on a big, brown tube, prolly six or eight inches long, probably really enjoying it, and started thinking of the word "brokeback"? :confused:

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I normally smoke Robusto's, so closer to the 4.5 to 5 inch range. No need to suck, you just puff. If you suck you can get tunneling.

Still now when ever I say it out loud, "Brokeback Brewery" I can't help buy chuckle.:D

Not sure why either, its like the ihasabucket.com , its either funny or it isn't. In my case it fuggin' hilarious. :D

Hmm speaking of which maybe I could incorporate the i has a bucket animal into a label. Maybe something like " I has bucket of barleywinez..." but a little label on the back that says "Nooo they be stealin my barleywinez":rockin:

It took a while before I settled on a brewery name. I took the particular wording "Porters and fine ales" from a 19th century brewery advertisement and used "Flying Dutchman" as the name. "Flying Dutchman" was the name I gave my first batch, which incidentally was a porter. The name isn't actually referencing the ghost ship or pirate ship by the same name; I had a pic of an old Victorian engraving I used on that label of a bearded man with a whirlyjig on his back and thought the name suited it.

I have thought on and off about a brewery name for a while...

I finally came up with a name that combines my other hobby, antique tractors, and settled on Old Iron Beerworks

I made up a website the other day practicing using GIMP and style sheets. There is no content or working links...will get to it when there is more time.

http://users.isp.com/argyle

when i first got into HB, i named my brewery the Trouble Brewing Co. (original, i know!) but after getting back involved from a short layoff, i have incorporated my love of the south carolina gamecocks into my name and WA LA! thus is born the "Ass Kickin Chicken Brewery".

Mine is moronic at A&J Brewing and yes, those are me and swmbo's initials. But, I wanted to get away from an email address that was ISP specific so I bought that domain name.

Was bored a couple weeks ago and I was perusing domain names and thought of Old Pueblo Brewing since Tucson's nickname is the old pueblo. Couldn't believe it but it's actually available. There is no business by that name except one that was sold in 1870. So, should I officially nab that domain and call mine Old Pueblo Brewing? Whatdayathink?

Dylan: The sun aint yellow its Chicken Brewry.... hehehehe :D

lol sorry for that probably corny outburst.. i thought it was funny hehe Always loved that line!

Cheers

desertBrew said:
Mine is moronic at A&J Brewing and yes, those are me and swmbo's initials. But, I wanted to get away from an email address that was ISP specific so I bought that domain name.

Was bored a couple weeks ago and I was perusing domain names and thought of Old Pueblo Brewing since Tucson's nickname is the old pueblo. Couldn't believe it but it's actually available. There is no business by that name except one that was sold in 1870. So, should I officially nab that domain and call mine Old Pueblo Brewing? Whatdayathink?

Do it.

Old Pueblo M****ite Beer

'Von Nostrand Brewing' - from Seinfeld, one of Kramer's alias'.
I like using stuff from Seinfeld for the beer names also. "The Summer of George Wheat", "Schnitzer's Rye IPA", "Sweet Fancy Moses Porter", etc. But not exclusively.

Guess mine is obvious from the screen name. Its my last name and I guess I wanted to name part of it after my late father...He was a fan of the beer and gave me advice for picking out styles and tastes, even though he liked an occasional Pabst. But using his first name, Timothy's Brewing, just didn't ring as nice. Not like Mulcahey's Brewing, definitely screems your going to get an irish ale or a stout!

I also kicked around the idea of Facilities Brewing and naming the beers after working terms like shift work, holidays and vacations, etc...Maybe someone already uses this. Anyway, for now I'm Mulcahey's Brewing...

I was going to call mine Hair of the Dog Brewing, b/c no matter how hard I try, my dogs hair ends up in every batch...but then I realized it is already taken, damn...

carnevoodoo said:
I'm thinking I want a name already.

I want to go with "Subterranean Homesick Brew"

What do you think? Too long? I think it is fantastic.

either you are a radiohead fan.. or a bob dylan fan...

either way.. its pretty good...

Bare Tree Brewing Co. is mine.. no reason.. just like the tree i picked...

5436-btbclogomergedposter.jpg

aekdbbop said:
either you are a radiohead fan.. or a bob dylan fan...

either way.. its pretty good...

Bare Tree Brewing Co. is mine.. no reason.. just like the tree i picked...

5436-btbclogomergedposter.jpg

I like your label a lot.

I am both a Dylan fan and a Radiohead fan, but I named it after the Dylan song. :)

I didn't start thinking of a name till I checked into this part of the forum, thinking that the members had a lot of really cool logos and labels. I have JUST enough equip, storage and capabilites for a couple of 5 gallon batches at a time, hence:

BBBLOGO.JPG

photogscott said:
How 'bout Blitzkrieg Brew! or Blitzkrieg Hop?

I totally thought about that, but it sounded too militant for me. People might confuse it with something that I am definitely not.

Not to get too Zen but for me it was simply an aha! moment. I've got

it ain't
Rocket Science Brewing
Good background for me and all my friends get it. Problem is everyone thinks I should name all my brews with rockets in mind and I'm just can't generate the names like I can the recepies!

carnevoodoo said:
Alternately, I might just go with Road to Ruin Brewing. No puns or play on words. Just the inevitable. :)

I like that one. :)

I really wanted a name for my brewery and I came up with "Squirrelling Dervish Brewery". I'm working on the label as we speak.

Back