Help attaching drip tray to kegerator????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried and am unable to drill holes into the tray to screw it to the fridge.

Seriously? The fridge door is made of steel less than 1/8" thick. Self tapping screws don't even require a pilot hole. You can use masking tape to hold an L bracket to the underside of the drip tray and place it on the floor for stability, and attach the L bracket by running the screws in. A thin gopple of silicone where the screw pops through will prevent it from leaking.

I hope the reason is that you aren't allowed to "damage" (improve) the refrigerator, but then again, isn't there a hole above said location with a beer shank coming through?

I don't know the meaning of "Can't"

Update: Stainless Steel is not attracted to magnets.

I think I have the same or a similar drip tray. I didn't want to drill holes in the kegerator right now, so I made some wooden brackets. I used magnets to hold them and then put the drip tray on top. The magnets weren't strong enough, so I added some double sided carpet tape. Works great, and the tray can be taken off for easy cleaning.

Drip Tray.jpg

I think I have the same or a similar drip tray. I didn't want to drill holes in the kegerator right now, so I made some wooden brackets. I used magnets to hold them and then put the drip tray on top. The magnets weren't strong enough, so I added some double sided carpet tape. Works great, and the tray can be taken off for easy cleaning.

So this did not compromise any cooling elements? I need to do this project myself... Thanks in advance.

BK

I used rare earth magnets and countersunk them into the wooden brackets. Very similar to the picture above

Back