What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee...2nd cup. But at least I'm on vacation and in a beautiful area...and there's beer in them hills!

Water. I want this week to end because I booked a site a local campsite (about 15 minute drive from my house) as sort of a make up for the trip we cancelled due to a funeral. My mind is already sitting fireside with a beer and a cigar and the Tigers game on the radio.

Come on Friday...

Water. I want this week to end because I booked a site a local campsite (about 15 minute drive from my house) as sort of a make up for the trip we cancelled due to a funeral. My mind is already sitting fireside with a beer and a cigar and the Tigers game on the radio.

Come on Friday...

Sounds like a good time. I hope this week goes by quickly for you. :)
I also hope mine goes by quickly. It's only 10:30 Monday morning, but I already dislike how this week is looking. At least I have an epic bottle share with DisturbdChemist to look forward to on Saturday.
Drinking iced tea right now, by the way. Just to stay on topic. ;)

Come on Friday...

Ooh where are you camping?

Hmm I didn't mean that to sound as stalker-ish as it sounded.

Drinking water with lunch. I need to get some beer in the fridge to take to the waterpark next week. Yearly visit to the kalahari and the drag race and I'm not looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ooh where are you camping?

Hmm I didn't mean that to sound as stalker-ish as it sounded.

Drinking water with lunch. I need to get some beer in the fridge to take to the waterpark next week. Yearly visit to the kalahari and the drag race and I'm not looking forward to it.

Algonac State Park, along the St. Clair River. Most visited state park in Michigan.

Algonac State Park, along the St. Clair River. Most visited state park in Michigan.

I've never been to that one. I will have to check it out!
We've camped 2 min away from our house before at a state park when our neighbors were throwing an obnoxious party lol. We had a great time.

I've never been to that one. I will have to check it out!
We've camped 2 min away from our house before at a state park when our neighbors were throwing an obnoxious party lol. We had a great time.

I call it city camping. It is flat and there are very few trees. The main draw to most visitors is the St. Clair River and the crazy close proximity to the 1,000' freighters that sail by (it looks like you could throw a rock and hit them from the park). But the river and freighters are old hat to me, as I could see them from my home growing up.

But if there is a fire, a beer and a cigar, then camping is camping to me (for the most part).

EDIT: these are pictures taken from inside the campground

1-BbcMississippi-6-7-10-rr.jpg

Freighter1600x1200.jpg

I call it city camping. It is flat and there are very few trees. The main draw to most visitors is the St. Clair River and the crazy close proximity to the 1,000 freighters that sail by (it looks like you could throw a rock and hit them from the park). But the river and freighters are old hat to me, as I could see them from my home growing up.

But if there is a fire, a beer and a cigar, then camping is camping to me (for the most part).

Freighter1600x1200.jpg

That's friggin awesome!

I call it city camping. It is flat and there are very few trees. The main draw to most visitors is the St. Clair River and the crazy close proximity to the 1,000' freighters that sail by (it looks like you could throw a rock and hit them from the park). But the river and freighters are old hat to me, as I could see them from my home growing up.

Freighter1600x1200.jpg

That's pretty cool. My kids would love it.
I prefer camping in the woods myself, but will also settle for a fire in the backyard ;)

And Pepsi is gross, I agree.

Pepsi.
I will never understand why some establishments choose to carry Pepsi instead of Coca Cola.

Went to Georgia once and Pepsi was either a cuss word or one that could get you killed depending where you were. Imagine if it were like that with beer?

Went to Georgia once and Pepsi was either a cuss word or one that could get you killed depending where you were. Imagine if it were like that with beer?

It was like that with beer growing up in St. Louis. Order a non-AB beer within 3 miles of the AB brewery and you were taking your life in your own hands. It's changed in the last 20 years, which is a good thing.
On topic:
Orange freeze with a steak burger.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403556307.165452.jpg

Just finished a shaker bottle of this preworkout i'm sbout to go hit chest/tris. No beer until saturday for me.

Staying dry today. I mean business this time.

Water with ground turkey tacos.

Was going to limit myself, but what the heck.

A vivant Farm Hand, followed by an Oarsman.

Now on an Enjoy By. Really fruity after the light sours.

1403562217206.jpg

Pepsi: For when they don't have Coke.

And Pepsi is gross, I agree.

So glad to see I'm not alone on preferring coke over Pepsi. :D

Having some mamas yella pils while I pack for moving day Friday. First time having some and boy if it doesn't go down way too easy in this heat

1403566730300.jpg

Waiting for my bottle shop selections to chill, but FYI anyone that lives near a Firehouse Sub's sandwich shop they have started selling their empty pickle buckets for some reason. In any case I got two @ $2 each. Food grade obviously very compact space saver 5 gal bucket and the True Brew lids fit.

1403567922648.jpg

Waiting for my bottle shop selections to chill, but FYI anyone that lives near a Firehouse Sub's sandwich shop they have started selling their empty pickle buckets for some reason. In any case I got two @ $2 each. Food grade obviously very compact space saver 5 gal bucket and the True Brew lids fit.

Can you get the pickle taste/smell out?

Back