Another Keezer Build (mid-century modern/Ikea-inspired design).

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks absolutely awesome, and is very similar to what my dream keezer looks like......

I would think that that styrofoam press/friction seal would wear out over 3-4 dozen slides in and out, and that you might have to upgrade to some gasket in the future, but even just adding some compressible gasket like for windows or other would fix it up quickly. Styrofoam isn't known for springing back well :)

That looks absolutely awesome, and is very similar to what my dream keezer looks like......
Thanks. :mug:
I would think that that styrofoam press/friction seal would wear out over 3-4 dozen slides in and out, and that you might have to upgrade to some gasket in the future, but even just adding some compressible gasket like for windows or other would fix it up quickly. Styrofoam isn't known for springing back well :)
I'll keep an eye on it. I'm looking for other solutions but the styrofoam is working for now. The top isn't permanently attached to the sides, so I can easily fix it when it becomes necessary.

Where did you get that tower? Did you make it or did it come with the brass on top?
I got extremely lucky and got it off ebay for $207. It came complete - the ceramic tower, brass box, faucets, tap handles (although I've bought new handles since then and what's pictured here aren't the same ones I originally bought) and drip tray.

Holy cow ... very innovative ... and extremely ambitious! That's truly a piece of furniture, no longer just an appliance ... of course the "business end" is excellent, but I love the details on the front ... very well done! :cool:

Congratulations!
Your hardwork really paid off. This is one beautiful piece. I envy your skills on completing this keezer!!!

Very Nice and awesome work!! I was drooling over your handy work then I noticed something.. Where at in Germany were you? Würzburg?

I realize that this is an old thread ... but how did the styrofoam hold out? Any suggestions as to a replacement if it didn't work?

This is amazing and exactly what I needed to see. I just got a tap tower for xmas and was thinking about something like this to prevent having to tip it. Did you have to anchor the stand to the wall or ground so it doesn't tip when it is extended?

Back