NZ Blackrock Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deem

Reaction score
I've got a Blackrock cider brewing at the moment but have thrown out the tin that tells me how much sugar goes in the bottling process.

I know to bottle when the hydrometer reading is at 1006, does anyone here know how much sugar to use?

Welcome Deem, good choice going with the kiwi product there ;)
As for timing of bottling don't rely on the 1.006, take 2 readings a couple of days apart and if they are the same then it's ready to bottle.
For the priming sugar i was told at the start that about 6g per bottle would get you a medium level of fizz, something like a commercial beer. But from this forum I learnt that it is easier to bulk prime the entire batch then its just bottle and cap, no messing around with a teaspoon in each bottle!
Either search on here or do a google search for bulk priming calculator and have a read, if I get a chance I'll try find a link to a good one later :)

Thanks for the reply mattd2. I had never thought of bulk priming, sounds less messy so will do a search later on it. This is my second attempt at cider, the first was ok, but not brilliant.
So I did some research and decided to go with the all natural Blackrock. Will try their beer next time, I've found a local supplier here in Sydney. Was about to call him and get him to read the label for me!
Thanks again and yes, if you get time I'd like a link to a bulk priming website,
Dee

Back