Bottle Conditioning with liquid yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
Does anyone have any numbers on this? I would like to try a starter for bottle conditioning.

What are you trying to do? You don't need to add anymore yeast for carbonation/bottle conditioning unless you have an extremely high grav beer, and even then traditionally it is done with a few grams of dry yeast.

Yep. Not sure what you're doing here. You add more sugar to bottle condition, not more yeast. Unless you're planning on filtering and bottling with a different strain for some reason.

nope. just trying to make sure each bottle has strong yeast for bottle carb.
Liquid is what I have. It is a semi high gravity at 8%

Unless you're filtering or cold crashing for a month or something crazy like that, you're going to have plenty of yeast in there when you bottle. My saison was about 9% abv and it's pleasantly fizzy like a saison should be. :mug: Bottle away and don't sweat it, brother!

I've never added yeast for carbonation, and some of my brews have topped 12%. Never had any problems, and they all carbed up just fine.

Back