Theft in Savannah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loganweaver

Reaction score
I'm at home on Friday night. I have a porter boiling away and a 1/2 dozen Sam Adams in by belly when the phone rings. Wife is on a trip to Savannah GA to visit family. She has the kids with her. 'We have a problem' comes over the line.

My mind reels, visions of a hospital torn flesh and blood enter my mind, missing child oh **** this will be bad.

'The camera was stolen while we were on the boardwalk'. Stolen from a bench where they were taking a break.

Is it possible to be relieved over a stolen camera. It would appear so. **** stolen camera, my hear is racing and my mind is running toward terrible tangents.

The ****ty part for my wife is she just finished taking pictures in the historic cemetery. Now some jerk off thief has the camera.

Things like this make my mind wonder. What if she would have seen the thief out of the corner of her eye. Her cat like reflexes spring into action. The 38 special in her purse is retrieved quickly and smoothly. All of the range training makes the stance and aim second nature. Two shots ring out and the camera is now back in our possession. One less **** head in the world.

Oh well, at leas the porter is in the carboy and everyone is safe.

Brown Porter
5.5 lb DME
.75 lb 60L Crystal
.5 lb Special B
.25 lb British Chocolate
1.5 oz Kent Golding (boil)
0.5 oz Willamette (finish)
White Labs 005 British ale yeast

+ 1 for your wife carrying. +10 more for her actually knowing how to use it. Sorry to hear about the camera though, that sucks. I just got back from vacation and my cell phone disappeared from my room while I was there.

Her using a firearm in a stolen camera situation would have been so much worse than you just losing your camera. Glad it isn't something worse.

If you're wife was packing, she should have gone through that town in a way that would have put Sherman to shame.

She should have just started capping mother****ers until someone coughed up the camera
With that comment I'm getting images of this...:D
jules.gif

Latest posts

Back