time to burn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
hi all,

as I gather up links and such for parts for my rig, I was looking at burners. I see that NB has a 55K smaller one, and a 210k banjo that i have seen people on the forum use. I also found this

http://www.agrisupply.com/bg-high-pressure-cast-iron-burner-/p/64494/cn/6000138/

It's a 10" 100k burner. From reading through some threads I notice people saying that 55K is plenty for 5G batches, which is what I do. Now, i could possibly i dunno, one day decide to do a 10G batch. the price of the 210k is only $10 more but thats not my concern. It's the gas usage of that monster. I would be happy with the 55K probably but I dont like that its diameter is so small. the 100K has a 10" diameter which seems like it would give a more even heat as well not using as much gas as the banjo. I have no idea what i use now. I know its a bayou classic..but no idea what model. Just looking for some advice from people who have been there.

TIA,

M

I've used that burner for 10 and 12 gallon batches. It will bring up to 14 gallons to boil fairly fast.

You can throttle it down if you use a decent valve on it so it will just simmer.

I've used that burner for 10 and 12 gallon batches. It will bring up to 14 gallons to boil fairly fast.

You can throttle it down if you use a decent valve on it so it will just simmer.

when you say that burner which are you referring to?

thanks! :mug:

edit: another question...how come i see the exact same burner on different websites for $47!? There is absolutely no difference....i cant believe one website would be so much cheaper than another. something i may be missing?

Back