This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main drag on my way to work is a four lane highway with sidewalks and bike lanes on each sides. Some mornings there are bikers in the bike lane, some mornings there are runners on the side walk.
...then some mornings there are runners in the bike lane. What. The Flocc. YOU HAVE A DAMN PATH MADE FOR YOU. USE IT!

I hate the ones that use the right hand shoulder to get around you as you wait for traffic so you can turn left. Or the ones that make lazy looping turns using your lane.

The main drag on my way to work is a four lane highway with sidewalks and bike lanes on each sides. Some mornings there are bikers in the bike lane, some mornings there are runners on the side walk.
...then some mornings there are runners in the bike lane. What. The Flocc. YOU HAVE A DAMN PATH MADE FOR YOU. USE IT!

The neighborhood I live in has concrete sidewalks throughout most of the main arteries. Joggers refuse to use them and run out in the road. I had to ask one one time, and he told me "Real runners don't run on concrete."

I guess he'd rather risk get hit by a car than run on anything but asphalt. *shrug* I'll never understand...

So reverse-pet-peave on this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when people are tail gating me when I was already going 5 over the speed limit, I slow right down to 10 under the speed limit and I take *extra extra* time moving out of stop signs and stop lights. Infinite amounts of pleasure is derived from the fact I know the person driving behind me is INSANE with anger (I will probably be shot one day from someone who cant handle their road rage).
I'll do the same thing. Then when they get a chance to come around and are cursing, shaking their fist and flipping me off. I'll blow them a kiss, really sends them over the edge, but I'm an Ahole like that. :D

The hostess seats you, the waiter takes your order, the kitchen staff delivers the food ... and when your mouth is full, some a$$hole in a tie comes by to ask 'is everything here OK?' I've started saying, 'it was until you interrupted.'

MFW the waiter stops by my table to ask if everything is OK:

qh1idQp.jpg

The hostess seats you, the waiter takes your order, the kitchen staff delivers the food ... and when your mouth is full, some a$$hole in a tie comes by to ask 'is everything here OK?' I've started saying, 'it was until you interrupted.'

Every. Single. Time.

And then my waters empty and there's no one in sight. Same when I'd like to get the check.

When it comes to dining out my pet peeve is with ordering an appetizer, getting it, then not having a chance to actually flippin' eat it.

I'm like WTF, I ordered a $8-9 appetizer. Why is my main course arriving 30 seconds after I get the damn appetizer!!!!!

Its to the point that if I order an appetizer and usually a beer, I will NOT order the entree until I'm done with the flippin' appetizer. If I'm out for a special occasion I have too do this so it doesn't ruin the experience.

I've come to the conclusion the wait staffs must never eat out.

If this happens, the manager hears about an the waiters gets nothing more than a 10% tip.

Nothing makes me understand more quickly that a person is stupid than when they use "then" as a comparative.

I think they time the question right when you've taken a bite. "How's your food?" is really a rhetorical question. They don't want to hear an answer.

The neighborhood I live in has concrete sidewalks throughout most of the main arteries. Joggers refuse to use them and run out in the road. I had to ask one one time, and he told me "Real runners don't run on concrete."

I guess he'd rather risk get hit by a car than run on anything but asphalt. *shrug* I'll never understand...

WHY!?

"The soles of my shoes are offended when they touch concrete, but boy howdy do they love the natural feel of motherfolccing asphalt."

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

I did my due diligence (2 minutes of drunk googling) and it looks like asphalt is slightly more forgiving than concrete, and therefore better on knees. So obviously that means that one's knees will be permanently damaged if they hop up on the sidewalk for 2 gorram seconds when they see a 4 wheeled death machine heading their way.

Real runners run on cinders. These people either need to 1) get their asses down to a track made for runners or 2) admit they aren't "real" runners. They are casual enthusiasts at best.

Real runners run on cinders. These people either need to 1) get their asses down to a track made for runners or 2) admit they aren't "real" runners. They are casual enthusiasts at best.

Real runners ride bikes because their knees are already shredded from years of running on *any* surface while landing on their heels.

I've come to the conclusion the wait staffs must never eat out.

Quite the contrary. However, waitstaff are usually under pressure from management to to turn your table as quickly as possible. The more times your table gets turned in a night, the more money the restaurant makes. The longer you sit there, the fewer entrees they sell. Time you sit there waiting for food is time wasted.

parking at the mall/wally world, I'll take one pass down an aisle to see if there's something close, then I'll kick the BigHair out and drive up the next aisle over, park in the first empty space.

judgment call when we get out whether the BigHair will ***** about me parking in the boonies, I'll usually tell her to wait at the door while I fetch the car

she doesn't have to walk a mile, I don't have to listen to her ***** about walking a mile. everybody wins

I'll do the same thing. Then when they get a chance to come around and are cursing, shaking their fist and flipping me off. I'll blow them a kiss, really sends them over the edge, but I'm an Ahole like that. :D

I love the "blow a kiss" turns a road rage er into a raging manic:D

Quite the contrary. However, waitstaff are usually under pressure from management to to turn your table as quickly as possible. The more times your table gets turned in a night, the more money the restaurant makes. The longer you sit there, the fewer entrees they sell. Time you sit there waiting for food is time wasted.

Then the management doesn't eat out much or they're flat out careless. I'm paying money to eat the food they are serving, I'm buying drinks, I'd like the time to eat and drink and enjoy the surroundings. That's why I'm there.

Anybody rushing, to move me along has the wrong idea about their business, especially if they want me come back. If they are sloppy about presenting the food, (their product) which is a big deal, what else are they sloppy about business-wise?

Odds are if they do this to me, I won't order dessert or coffee. I won't come back and I won't recommend the restaurant to friends.

Assume I'm not the type just drinking coffee with a laptop and I'm hanging there for four hours.

Have you ever ordered an appetizer and gotten your entree nearly right on top of each other?

If you plan to eat both, which is why you ordered it, then why would you want the best part of the meal cooling off as you wolf down the appetizer.

Its just inconsiderate if you ask me. When this happens I send the food back and ask for the bill. I pay for the appetizer and drinks and then tell the management about the service.

I get the point of turning tables to make more money. People won't come back if the service sucks.

Have you ever ordered an appetizer and gotten your entree nearly right on top of each other?

If you plan to eat both, which is why you ordered it, then why would you want the best part of the meal cooling off as you wolf down the appetizer.

Its just inconsiderate if you ask me. When this happens I send the food back and ask for the bill. I pay for the appetizer and drinks and then tell the management about the service.

I get the point of turning tables to make more money. People won't come back if the service sucks.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it's irritating as ****. It absolutely is. I'm just saying there is an overriding financial reason for it. It's in the restaurant's best interest to get your food out to you as quickly as possible, and get you back out the door.

I have too many. Instead, just know that in some small way, you would annoy me. (Not you individually -- I mean the other people reading this.) However, people who brew beer tend to annoy me less than those who don't. So feel good about that!

People...they're the worst!

I'm not disagreeing with you that it's irritating as ****. It absolutely is. I'm just saying there is an overriding financial reason for it. It's in the restaurant's best interest to get your food out to you as quickly as possible, and get you back out the door.

Gotcha.

I have too many. Instead, just know that in some small way, you would annoy me. (Not you individually -- I mean the other people reading this.) However, people who brew beer tend to annoy me less than those who don't. So feel good about that!

People...they're the worst!

Yeah in general bitchy people do suck, figured it'd be entertaining, or a good place to vent. I could have posted this in the drunk and mindless mumbling section.

Assuming it's the kind of place that is able to stay full.

Whenever I make a table reservation for dinner, it's for 2 hours.

"Splitting lanes" is not encouraged while in traffic, but at stop lights, can make traffic flow better and possibly ease road congestion. The shoulder is off-limits, and a good rider knows that, too.

You might call it "splitting lanes". The NTSB calls it 1 of the deadliest stretches of highway in the US for motorcycle riders.

To bring the conversation back to drivers since wait staff getting dumped on makes me sad (having worked in food service a LOT there's a lot of cruddy things "customers" pull that make a good waiter/waitress go bad).

Night driving, a person is clearly gaining on me (Wisconsin highway speeds just got upped to 70) so I'm chilling with my cruise on at 73-75 and the guy behind me is clearly going 77-78 so they'll pass me. Instead they get about 2 seconds behind me, turn their cruise down and just chill behind me. Yeah for the most part they don't have their brights on, but dude, I am NOT your Bambi bar deer-catcher. Your lights are ruining my night vision and if I hit a deer and have to hit my brakes you ARE going to hit me. It's ALWAYS someone in a much much nicer car than me so they're just looking for someone to hit the deer for them. Guess what dummy, I'm gonna drop my cruise control until you get the hint, I've had a person just chill behind me until my cruise hit 45, seriously you aren't going to realize I do not want you behind me, go hit the deer yourself turd.

TLDR I hate other drivers. Not cause they are awful and suck at driving, they're just super inconsiderate.

You might call it "splitting lanes". The NTSB calls it 1 of the deadliest stretches of highway in the US for motorcycle riders.

The word "highway" never entered my post. I am talking about motorcycles running beside cars in between lanes at a stop light.

Please read my post again...

:(

"There's a spot."

"There's a spot right there."

"Oh look, that guy's about to back out."

"There's a spot."

"You keep passing up open spots..."

"...Um, where are we going?"

*I finally pull into a spot at the very back of the lot.*

"Seriously, honey?"

She's gotten used to it. But it really used to piss her off.

If you read this in swinger context and omit the last sentence it's very funny

If you read this in swinger context and omit the last sentence it's very funny

its even funnier if you dont omit the last sentence. Just read it all real slow with a dirty mind :)

Door to door salesmen.
I get they're trying to make a living but every time they (or anyone else) knocks at the door I've got to deal with 1 large puppy that doesn't realize how big he is yet, and another middle aged Boston Terrier who is convinced that the harbinger of death is at the doorstep. By the time I get them corralled, the only real product I'm interested in is a tranquilizer gun. If you're not selling that, gtfo.

Insurance agents who think that it is important that they have "face time" with me, so insist on stopping into my office for shoot the **** instead of just sending me a renewal packet and letting me deal with it. I hate the small talk when I'm busy and I hate the notion that if they give me "gifts" it will solidify them as our agent.

Sorry to any insurance guys/gals out there. In my business, I don't see them as a necessary "relationship". It is something I have to have, I pay for it, and I don't want to spend any real time on it, unless I'm shopping it out.

To bring the conversation back to drivers since wait staff getting dumped on makes me sad (having worked in food service a LOT there's a lot of cruddy things "customers" pull that make a good waiter/waitress go bad).

I hear you about the wait staff. One should never be rude to wait staff. I don't get that way with them. I will get upset, bite my tongue, at that point I'm done eating. I get up and tell the manager. I also never stiff them either, you just end up looking like a cheap jerk. I usually tell the manager that I will still tip them but I expect them to adjust the bill, taking off what I refuse to eat.

Being rude is not a good idea. Who know's what they will do to your food!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVdIg-sTo4[/ame]

Joggers refuse to use them and run out in the road. I had to ask one one time, and he told me "Real runners don't run on concrete."

Concrete is harder than asphalt, and can be harder on your joints.

I'm what might be called a "slow" driver. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when people are tail gating me when I was already going 5 over the speed limit, I slow right down to 10 under the speed limit and I take *extra extra* time moving out of stop signs and stop lights.

You've got problems. You admitted you're a slow driver. Maybe that's a good thing, if you're not confident enough in your driving abilities to keep up with the flow of traffic. Maybe you shouldn't be driving at all.

When someone is tail gating me, you know what I do?

I wait until we're on a straight stretch of road with clear visibility, I turn on my turn signal and pull over onto the shoulder of the road and ... let him pass. I don't know his story - maybe he's in a hurry, maybe something came up, maybe he left later than he planned. We all make mistakes, I'm no better than he is. Someday maybe it'll be me that needs to get past a slower driver.

I used to get really bent out of shape at what I would perceive as "slights" on the road. People getting into merge lanes at stop lights knowing they'd have to merge in immediately (they just wanted to get ahead of me). People using merge lanes on the highway to leap frog a couple spots further up, or riding it right till the very end. Then I realized, life is too short to always be pissed off. There are always going to be drivers like that, and if I let them get under my skin, I'm always going to be in a bad mood over it. Besides, I'm not perfect either. Maybe they legitimately didn't know that lane was going to force them to merge in. Maybe they got a call to pick up their sick daughter from school. I no longer presume to be better than them, I just let it all roll off of me.

You should try it too.

And then my waters empty and there's no one in sight. Same when I'd like to get the check.

If I ever open a restaurant, every table will have a "call" button, just like on air planes, so you can signal when you would like a server to come by for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back