What do I need to start brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigs_

Reaction score
hi all!

what Equipment i need to start brewing?

I didnt do it before. I want to be able at my first start to make 10 liter of beer in a row.

thanks

Many of the online retailers as well as Local Home Brew Stores (LHBS) carry starter kits. Nice thing about a LHBS kit, is you'll be able to upgrade pieces if you want easily.

Gigs_ said:
hi all!

what Equipment i need to start brewing?

I didnt do it before. I want to be able at my first start to make 10 liter of beer in a row.

thanks
You need a mouse to click on the search link and eyes to see all the stickies all over the place.

Or just use the links that everyone else posted.

The intermediate starter kit from Midwest is a good way to get into extract/partial mash..

You may want to add a Turkey Fryer kit, and whatever else you may want if you plan to AG. I'll probably be going right into AG so I'm making sure I buy what I want..

Well, I think the equipment side of it is covered. Apart from that you'll need:

1)An obsession; you have to be obsessed. If you're not, just keep doing it and then you will obsess.
2)A supportive SWMBO.
3)A dislike for BMC beers.
4)One free day a week; There's nothing worse than brewing in a hurry.
5)A good handling of failure; At least once, your beer will taste like crap. You need to be able to handle it and keep on obsessing.
6)An at least basic understanding of organic chemistry is always useful, but not necessary to start out.
7)Patience: Good homebrew takes at least a few weeks before reaching its peak.
8)Responsability; Homebrewers tend to drink. It's always a good idea to do it responsibly.

That's what comes to mind to me.

First, let me say "Welcome!"

All you really need is a big pot and a couple of buckets. But there's quite a few things you can add to that list that will allow you to improve you beer and the brewing process.

Most homebrewers make batches that are about 20 Liters (5 US Gallons). It would be helpful to know where you are located so we might be able to refer you to an appropriate supplier.

Back