Kicking around the idea of a 15gal kettle group purchase...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the kettle yesterday, thanks. It looks great. Good quality welds, very sturdy walls and bottom. Fittings went on smoothly with teflon and did not leak.

So, I tried my very first BIAB...just 5 gallons of a 1.050 APA to test the waters and the kettle.

Cheers! :mug:

IMAG0504.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

Dang. I missed it too. Any chance of getting another group buy going?

Looking for a 20 gal kettle. Let me know if you consider a group buy for those. :mug:

Looks like we'll have to have another group buy. Right now we're running low on 15gals so we couldn't even supply another group buy. New shipment of kettles will be in soon though.... :mug:

Not sure what happened, I pm'ed you on the 3rd to order a 2 port horizontal pot and never heard back, are you officially out?

Any chance you'll be stocking some 9-10 gal tri-bottom kettles? If you could get them taller than wide, that would be FANTASTIC!

Well we are getting A LOT of requests to do another group purchase of the 15gal kettles and since we're here to serve the people.....

The 15gal kettle will be offered again at the discounted price of $150 (normally $170). The kettle can be ordered with 2 vertical couplers, 2 horizontal couplers or 1 coupler. The lid is included as well as free shipping to the lower 48. The kettle measures 16.5" wide by 17" tall (link to kettle: www.spikebrewing.com/15gal_vertical).

We're placing a large order for kettles this week so there will be a 2 week lead time on getting your kettle but the wait will make it that much better (at least that's what I was told in grade school :p).

Email ([email protected]), private message, reply to this thread or call me (262.370.4616) and we'll send out a Paypal invoice for the discounted rate. Cut off for this group sale will be Friday March 16th.

-Ben

Here's a pic of one I got in the first group buy without weld ins:

photo-18.jpg

I went without any holes/weld ins so I could do my own. Only thing left is to do the whirlpool tube/QD but I figured I should get a ball valve plumbed in first. First rate kettles in the GB at an excellent price. I was considering the Penrose but I went with Ben and I couldn't be better off right now. Big props to Ben!

Got mine yesterday w/2 horizontal fittings. Installed sightglass from brewhardware.com and ball valve. Looks great, can't wait to brew on it. Set it up next to my old 8.5 gallon kettle for comparison:

newkettle.jpg

Mine came yesterday. I am going to love this pot! for anyone thinking of getting one do it.

Mine arrived today. It looks awesome! I think it'll be a few weeks before I can put it though it's paces, but I'm really looking forward to my next brew day.

Latest posts

Back