Perlick Polished Chrome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breck09

Reaction score
I am planning on pulling the trigger on a kegging system and was going to be purchasing them from Kegconnection.com. I just read on the front of their site they are not selling/upgrading to the Perlick stainless steel faucets right now due to a problem with them not fitting right with the shanks, so all they have are the Perlick polished chrome ones. Has anyone used these? What are your thoughts? I really wanted the stainless steel ones but without knowing how long they will not be selling them just wanted to get some feedback on the others. Thanks.

I am planning on pulling the trigger on a kegging system and was going to be purchasing them from Kegconnection.com. I just read on the front of their site they are not selling/upgrading to the Perlick stainless steel faucets right now due to a problem with them not fitting right with the shanks, so all they have are the Perlick polished chrome ones. Has anyone used these? What are your thoughts? I really wanted the stainless steel ones but without knowing how long they will not be selling them just wanted to get some feedback on the others. Thanks.

I bought the stainless steel perlick faucets from Kegconnection and have never had an issue...I highly recommend them and this is the first I have ever heard of an issue!

I have a chrome perlick tap on my portable kegerator and have had no issues with it. Looks exactly like my 525SS.

beaksnbeer said:
Check around most have had a problem getting the teeth to mesh with the shanks (Yopper I believe used a o-ring to get hes to stop leaking..sorry if thats wrong)

It's only a little wrong... She's a she. :)

Check around most have had a problem getting the teeth to mesh with the shanks (Yopper I believe used a o-ring to get hes to stop leaking..sorry if thats wrong)

It's only a little wrong... She's a she. :)

I never did get it fixed, and Brewmaster's Warehouse took the faucet back for me.

I have three other Perlicks (425s) that I installed a couple of years ago, and they always worked great. The new perlick didn't fit with the shank I had, and Brewmaster's Warehouse said that sometimes that happened but they'd be happy to take the faucet and "match it" up with a shank that worked. Since I wasn't in the market for a new shank and already had a faucet on that kegerator anyway, I didn't follow up. This was for my second kegerator, a little dorm fridge, that is out at my cottage and I didn't feel like putting in a new shank and all that.

I just ordered all the hardware to build my keezer too. I bought the majority from keg connection, but I bought the faucets and shanks from farmhouse brewing supply. I went with the 425SS. I heard they are better all around than the newer faucets.

I just got my Perlick forward seal polished chrome faucets from them last week. They work perfectly. I dealt with Ben there at kegconnection.com. Awesome service, excellent quality equipment and assembly.

Give 'em a call.

Back