Grolsch Style Bottle Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several dozen Grolsch style bottles and just use the same bottle brush I use for everything else with no issues.

I just squeezed the metal ring at the brush end on mine in order to get it to fit. Or you could go to the store (regular grocery store/walmart/target/etc.) and get a bottle brush from there. Chances are that will work just fine too.

If the bottles are nasty, give them a soak in PBW/oxy and then rinse.

I just mix up some oxyclean or pbw solution, fill them up about a third of the way, close the lid and give them a good shake. Let them sit for about 10 minutes or so and rinse them well. They're sparkling clean after that that, no brush needed.

People still use bottle and carboy brushes?

I use this.

jet-bottle-washer.jpg

Jet bottle and carboy washer.

And if you get yours made by the Jet Bottle and Carboy Washer Company of Traverse City Michigan, it comes with a lifetime warranty. I had mine actually break after 7+ years of use, sent it to them and got a shiny new one in the mail a week later.

I need a mechanical type cleaner bought my bottles used and some have some "stuff " on the bottom. I have used the Carboy bottle cleaner, PBW, hot water etc etc etc. I need a brush!!!!

Back