Got some amarillo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon O

Knapsnatchio
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got 1lb of amarillo hops in the mail. Gonna make some of Ed's Haus Pale Ale. Got a great deal on the amarillos and I heard amarillo and cascade are very similar/related.

Amarillo is a great hop. It's similar to cascade but different, helpful eh? :)

Some of my favorite combos are centennial/amarillo, cascade/amarillo, and simcoe/amarillo

I think amarillo is a lot more citrusy than cascade. Together they are an awesome combination... makes for a great in your face American style pale ale.

I took a keg of my Amarillo pale ale to a party yesterday and it was gone in under an hour. Everyone was asking if I put oranges in it. That was my first time using it as an aroma hop but I can say I wish I had a pound of it sitting around! Really anything that you want an american hop character it will be great with amarillo.

I have a pound of Amarillo on the way, too. It's by far my favorite to dry hop with.

Back