Warsteiner Dunkel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite beers, I cant seem to find a clone recipe anywhere, anyone got one?
I know the warsteiner verum lager is in the 150 clone recipes from byo but not the dunkel.

Another thing I think the dunkel is considered a dark lager, are these fermented at ale temps or the normal cool lagering fermentation?

mot said:
Another thing I think the dunkel is considered a dark lager, are these fermented at ale temps or the normal cool lagering fermentation?

Lager temps with lager yeast. Ale temps would create too many fruit esters, not in the lager flavor profile. I don't have a clone recipe but I do have one for a dunkel if you're interested. Tastes pretty good anyway. :D

mot said:
This is one of my favorite beers, I cant seem to find a clone recipe anywhere, anyone got one?
I know the warsteiner verum lager is in the 150 clone recipes from byo but not the dunkel.

i have the PERFECT clone of this. it's all grain. i just brewed it for the 3rd time. it's beautiful. i went through my last keg in under two weeks!!!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=29616&highlight=warstiener+dunkel

i used the kolsch yeast, and fermented at around 65-68*

so this isnt lagered then at 30 some degrees then?

not my recipe. mine is just fermented at ale temps. i left it in the primary for about 14 days, then went straight into the keg and force carbed at the set it and forget it method, and was drinking it 4 days later.

Latest posts

Back