first brewers best witbier pour video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djlunchbox

Reaction score
i wanted an excuse to play with my video camera tonight, so i made this quick vid of me pouring my brewers best kit witbier that i did in december. it's OK as far as taste, i can not wait to try the batch thats in the fermenter, my "hippy wit". that one should be great compared to this. to the more experienced guys lurking around here, how does the head look for a wit, color , and carb...? i jsut compared it to a shock top that i am still drinking, and the head looks identical, mine had much more carb. in it, and mine was a tad darker. mine was also cloudier. :mug:

please let me know what you think.

brewing is fun!:tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
idk either for what you brewed but i can tell you the head on my amber ale about an inch thick and i dont know if that is normal or not

so i cant tell you anything ! and im posting here to ask my question too

:)

sorry for the thread jack i figure we can kill 2 birds with one stone.

The lack of head could easily be from the way you poured it. You poured it pretty slowly and at an angle the entire time so the beer gently filled up the glass.

Check this link out and try pouring another one using these instructions: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/pour

By doing it this way you'll probably get a larger head and some more aroma to come out.

Your beer looks good though!

I like to actually induce some head on my beers by "angle pouring" an inch or two on the bottom, then straighten the glass up and pour directly down into the bottom layer of beer. The colder the beer the less head you'll be able to produce, and just a few degrees warmer can cause a huge increase in head, so be mindful of your angle pour to straight pour ratio.

+1 on the pour. Finish the pour straight down into the middle of the beer. I usually don't tilt it that hard until the last 1/3 of the bottle, but some say at the half way point. Generally beers with a bunch of wheat malts in the grain bill such as Wits, Weissbier, Dunkleweizen etc produce excellent thick head.

ditto on the pour.
head is good.
I don't tilt the glass, just open and pour.
no glug glug. just a smooth pour into the glass.
i leave the yeast in teh bottle for bottle conditioned beers, but thats personal

nice, thanks guys, i will try adjusting my new pour tonight! cheers. btw, the beers are ice cold too. i will leave one out for a few min to warm just a little. i leave the yeast in my bottles too. i hate a mouthful of pudding mid sip, lol.

Definately +1 on the pour and let the beer warm up a bit. You will get a much better head and the flavors will be much more pronounced.

damn work is getting in the way of beer pouring practice today, lol. at least i can surf the boards while i'm on the road. :cheers:

regarding the "nose" of the beer, i'm not smelling too much. its hard to figure out what i'm smelling. last nights taste i was able to taste the bitter orange and what i assume to be the corriander. i can only imagine what my 'Hippy Wit" will taste like.

Back