Bears Win!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO was there with her Dad to see this game. Would have been a good one to go to....

I was watchin' from afar....:( At least they won!!!

Da bears beat da steelers and dey are putting a smack down da chargers right now. Does that say anything for Da Bears? :D

When you have a rookie QB hand you 2 TD's on a silver platter you had better win.

My day will come soon. I can sense it. Enjoy your victory over an obviously rebuilding Lions team.

OB - I'm not gloating. The lions have had problems for a long time just like the raiders. I think its much worse. Its Cubs-like. They never can have a winning season.

Sucky game. Glad I went to watch my daughter play soccer in the cold wind. Lions held up for the first half... AGAIN! Then gave it away like usual.

Wooo, you get Crybaby Cutler and think, Superbowl Champs? :drunk:

Play some more games and then we'll see what's going on.

I'm curious. Was there any of this "crybaby" crap thrown around BEFORE management assured him that he was THE GUY, and then started talking about a replacement ?

We? Wow... An NFL football player on HBT. What position do you play?

Every fan of the seahawks considers themself the "12th man." As fans our support keeps the team alive. No fans = no team. If someone wants to say "we" I say let em.

Every fan of the seahawks considers themself the "12th man." As fans our support keeps the team alive. No fans = no team. If someone wants to say "we" I say let em.

A-Farken-Men!!! Thats how I see it too.

How is it different than when you buy beer and you say its yours? Remember you're just renting it!!!:D

Sorry, but that's a crock.

The biggest difference is that the team gets PAID to play. If you ain't on the payroll, you are a fan. Fans are the ones that PAY to watch others play.

Sorry, but that's a crock.

The biggest difference is that the team gets PAID to play. If you ain't on the payroll, you are a fan. Fans are the ones that PAY to watch others play.

Whats really wrong with saying we won. The bears are my team, to cheer for, nobody else.

Its not literal, its just a figure of speach.

Its no different than saying my company does this. Then pointing out I don't own the company. I'd be WTF are you mental????

What if I was really on the bears roster and I said my team, blah, blah. Would you try to tell me that its not mine, only McKasky can say that. Urlacher would beotch slap you then pull your jersy over your head and then push you into a locker.

If you take everything literal I can ridicule a large portion of your speach or your posts. I'm not that assinine though or am I?

BTW - that is not a crock this is;

http://www.canningpantry.com/pickling-crocks.html

or is it this;

http://www.taylorshoes.com/m-2-crocs.aspx?pagesize=999999

BTW - If you said you spanked your monkey 12 times a day I would not call the animal rights people on you. I'd just call you a liar. You don't own damned monkey!

:D

BTW - If you said you spanked your monkey 12 times a day I would not call the animal rights people on you. I'd just call you a liar. You don't own damned monkey!

:D

Nah, I gained back ownership of said monkey once the divorce was finalized.

And who said I do it 12 times a day? Usually it's only once or twice...

Whats really wrong with saying we won. The bears are my team, to cheer for, nobody else.

Its not literal, its just a figure of speach.

Its no different than saying my company does this. Then pointing out I don't own the company. I'd be WTF are you mental????

Yes, but you are on the payroll of your employer, therefore one of the "TEAM"... and there is no "I" in team, but there is a "ME" in there if you jumble the letters. This usage is acceptable. I have spoken, so It Is So.

What if I was really on the bears roster and I said my team, blah, blah. Would you try to tell me that its not mine, only McKasky can say that. Urlacher would beotch slap you then pull your jersy over your head and then push you into a locker.

If you take everything literal I can ridicule a large portion of your speach or your posts. I'm not that assinine though or am I?

BTW - that is not a crock this is;

http://www.canningpantry.com/pickling-crocks.html

or is it this;

http://www.taylorshoes.com/m-2-crocs.aspx?pagesize=999999

With as limp as Snotlocker's wrist is these days, that's not much of a threat :cross:

But I digress. You can call this a "pet peeve" if you'd like, but I don't think that being a fan earns you the right to say "we". The only time I've ever used "we" to describe a sports team is when I've been a member of said team. And nobody ever seemed to give a damn about my recreational hockey escapades, until I broke my leg...

Describe it as a pet peeve and I'm more understanding about your position.

I have a whole laundry list of them.

I know you can't do it 12 times a day, it would be a bloody stump after a week.

Okay, you know what? I became a Bears fan at the age of 10, when I was, as a young girl, enamored of a certain hunky QB doing the "Superbowl Shuffle". Although I later matured and refined my taste in men, I persevered and cheered the Bears on while others jeered. I never lost the faith, even in the face of the mighty lean years (and there were many of them!) and suffered embarrassment for my devotion.(*) I love the history and the heart of that team's heritage. So are the Bears mine? No, it is much more accurate to say that I am theirs.

*And given this, I applaud the Lions and their fans. I root for the poor silver and blue against any team but that of the Windy City.

Latest posts

Back