Cobb county brewer here, anyone else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robodeath

Reaction score
I'm a home brewer in Cobb County and was wondering if anyone was local. I've only done extract brews since I have a gluten allergy and have to use sorghum. I've only done 5 or so brews but really enjoy it. I also built a kegerator so all my brews are on tap!

Lawrenceville in Gwinnett county here.
Been brewing extracts for a year now. Brewing first all grain next weekend.
Bottle all my beer. No room for a keg-o-rator as of now.

Brewing in Dallas here. Just started my first batch actually. Bottling on Thursday. Irish stout. Excited.

Marietta here... not too far from the square. I've been brewing almost 2 years now... only extracts so far. I did finally add a chest freezer last month for controlled temps so I can do lagers.

There is one that meets at BMW on the first Tuesday of the month, insert name here brew club.

I've been wanting to stop by and check it out but my work schedule isn't fixed so I usually end up workin

Hiram here..

Still gathering all the info I can so I can *hope* to make the least amount of mistakes possible.

After 15 years of Saltwater aquariums, I think this will be less stressful and punishing when I make stupid mistakes.. lol.

Hoping to start brewing in the next month or so..

DrNecro, where in Hiram are you? I am straight down 92 in Douglasville about 15 minutes from the 92/278 intersection. I am trying to get a few brewers to start a small club on our side of town.

DrNecro, where in Hiram are you? I am straight down 92 in Douglasville about 15 minutes from the 92/278 intersection. I am trying to get a few brewers to start a small club on our side of town.

Right down the road.. Cleburne Pkwy!

I'm in dunwoody. I'm interested in a club but on weekends not during the week.

Is Friday evening weekend enough? Brewmasters of Alpharetta is fairly close to Dunwoody.

I'm also Acworth. Near 92 at Old Alabama. I'm actually right across the Bartow line.

For Acworth, there is a club in Woodstock called the Malt Monkeys. I don't know much about them, but they are active.

Is Friday evening weekend enough? Brewmasters of Alpharetta is fairly close to Dunwoody.

I'm also Acworth. Near 92 at Old Alabama. I'm actually right across the Bartow line.

For Acworth, there is a club in Woodstock called the Malt Monkeys. I don't know much about them, but they are active.

I just joined the Malt Monkeys on facebook

I'm going to have to look that one up... I'm not too far from Woodstock... sorta.

Woodstock here, near Cobb county line. Found a great place today in downtown Woodstock called Barrel and Barley, they have growlers and craft beers. They are supposed to be getting grains and a mill soon. Go by and check them out.

Marietta here (powder springs rd and county services pkwy). Looking for a wknd brewing get together as we'll. PM if interested

Anyone checked out Dogwood Growlers off of Bells Ferry?

Ernesto is great, he's in process of expanding his homebrew wares, but generally has everything needed. He's moving away from White-Labs yeast to smack-packs in the near future because of local demand.

You can email him your grain bill and he'll have it ready for pickup generally within an hour or 2. While you're there, you can also sample some of the beers he sells in his growlers... charges 50c a shot (little expensive but gives ideas on what to brew next)

OH yeah, he'll match prices with brewmasters so there's starting to be a little competition locally

Ernesto is great, he's in process of expanding his homebrew wares, but generally has everything needed. He's moving away from White-Labs yeast to smack-packs in the near future because of local demand.

You can email him your grain bill and he'll have it ready for pickup generally within an hour or 2. While you're there, you can also sample some of the beers he sells in his growlers... charges 50c a shot (little expensive but gives ideas on what to brew next)

OH yeah, he'll match prices with brewmasters so there's starting to be a little competition locally

Cool, thanks Andy

That's good to hear! I love brewmasters prices but they're a little out of the way and have inventory issues. And I love hop city but get raped at the register! I can't afford their ingredients anymore.

I think I will have to stop in over there then... it would be good to have another option nearby other than Brewmasters.

Brewing my first all grain today in Marietta. Anyone else brewing today? Shooting for an Oktoberfest with pumpkin pie spice!

Back