best beer you ever made!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of my definite favorites have been clone recipes...

One was the CYBI clone recipe of the Kern River Citra DIPA; my numbers were a bit off, but the beer was delicious : http://meekbrewingco.blogspot.ca/2012/09/brewing-kern-river-citra-dipa-clone.html

The other was an Alpine Duet clone, based on some suggestions from Pat at Alpine... at first I thought I had missed the mark, but after drinking a few more I was really happy with how it came out:
http://meekbrewingco.blogspot.ca/2012/01/alpine-duet-clone.html

I have to ammend my previous post #51 to say my best to date is now the partial mash cascade pale ale kit I brewed from midwest. Clean with great balance.:ban:

My Deep Dark Pumpkinish Wheat (made from adding my own pumpkin ingredients to Midwest Supplies Deep Dark Wheat). I was pleased with it (it didnt come out exactly how I wanted) but everyone else has loved it, even those who only drink light beers.

Probably either my Coconut Cascadian Ale, or my Saison using new zealand hops.

Absolutely love both of those beers.

So far it was my 3rd brew, TUCK's Chocolate Espresso Imperial Stout. It was ridiculously delicious, but my India Dark Ale (Simcoe/Amarillo) comes in a close second

My IIPA and my Belgian IIPA I would have to say were my best so far. All my beers have exceeded my expectations though. Got a black IPA in primary right about ready to be dry hopped. That might be my new favorite!
Same here. Kegging a black ipa tomorrow. If it's as good carbed as it is flat, may be my new favorite.

My best has been my latest experiment, a black rye IPA hopped with simcoe and columbus. Im calling it my best yet because both my hop head friends and hop hating wife loved it. I think i found the hop combo to finally convert my wife to the dark side.

So far it has been an Imperial IPA, but I am expecting to top that with an espresso stout I am building up.

Yep I topped it with a vanilla coffee stout name "Szilards cup o' coffee"
Sadly I just poured the last keg of it so it will be gone soon :(

My Surly Abrasive clone, damn it's good, almost just like the real one!

Thanks. I appreciate the link... I have been so busy with work that didn't realize there was a recipe floating around. I will read through that thread and hopefully find the time to give it a try.

Back