anyone know of a place to get super cheap CO2 tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowain

Reaction score
I 've found some decent prices on ebay, but I was wondering if there was a Corny Keg King type person for Co2 tanks. I can get them filled for cheap here, but if you don't have a tank to trade in or fill, the people want $78 for a 5 lb. CO2 tank and I can get a brand new one off BeverageFactory.com for less than that.

I just asked the guys who filled my tank if they have any used tanks for sale, they said they could sell me a 20lb for 50 bucks which I thought was pretty good price. Once I get my multiple keg system setup I will probably get the bigger tank to leave outside the fridge and free up the room. MPW

Look in your yellow pages for "fire protection" or something similar. We have one here, and they have tons of old tanks. I don't know how much they want for them, but I'd imagine they'd be pretty cheap.

Make sure the used tanks have been pressure tested and are stamped on the outside. Som places follow the letter of the law saying that the tank can only be filled if it has passed a pressure test w/ in 5 years. At least that was the speech i got form my local gas person.

AHammer16 said:
Make sure the used tanks have been pressure tested and are stamped on the outside. Som places follow the letter of the law saying that the tank can only be filled if it has passed a pressure test w/ in 5 years. At least that was the speech i got form my local gas person.

Yeah, I've found several on ebay that have been pressure tested and everything, but the problem is that there is only one place here that will actually fill your tank, the rest just want you to trade your old one in. The first tank I got was from beveragefactory.com and is brand new and beautiful and there was no effin way I was turning that sucker in to get some P.O.S. tank. However, I have now realized that the hassle of getting it filled (have to have a truck b/c that place won't let you put it in a car) is not worth the prettiness of the tank since it sits inside the fridge and no one sees it anyway.

I thought I would just buy an ugly one outright from one of the places that swaps them out and they wanted more money for a beater than beverage factory wanted for a beauty, so I'm looking for a cheapo beater tank to trade in to them.

Latest posts

Back