Government Hard at Work!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3dn3ckstyl3z

Reaction score
I'm here watching C-Span2. Apperently, they are voting on something or other...... There are like 12 people there. Out of the 100 senators there are 12 f'in people there.... including the woman taking role. Of the 12 i think 2 actually give a sh*t..... I thought this is what we paid and voted them in for..... The vote is supposed to be on homeland security spendind bill.... Hmm, sounds like something i would wanna be there for if i was a senator....

Yeah, probably the same bunch of people that held a moment of silence for Michael Jackson and not the soldier that died on the 4th of July, giving them the right to have that moment of silence.

At risk of sending this to the Debate forum, I would like to comment.

I do understand the terrible feeling of loss when a soldier dies defending our freedoms (such as they are), and would never purposely degrade the respect that each member serving deserves for their contribution.

However, I recall a day that is set aside for remembering and honoring our fallen. MEMORIAL DAY happens each and every year, and each and every year people are invited to attend a memorial service at probably every cemetery in America, and gatherings as well, to honor and remember in groups.

I don't have a problem with the news covering the memorial for an entertainer known and loved the world over. And to believe that this is a snub to fallen soldiers is sensationalizing the debate over the war to another degree.

I understand these friends and relatives are hurting for their loss, but covering this event, that will happen only once in our lives, is surely expected.

Back