Summer Beer - Honey Lemon Wheat Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbanach

Reaction score
So I'm brainstorming my next couple batches of beer to be ready for early summer. I have a belgian wit infused with grapefruit/orange zest and corriander ready to be bottled next weekend. I'm piecing together a honey lemon weiss recipe. Let me know what you guys think!

5# Wheat LME
1# Honey 1# Honey Malt steeped for 30 mins
0.75 Oz Saaz Hops 4.5%AA, 60 minute boil
0.5 Oz lemon zest at flame out

Any suggestions would be greatly helpful! I want there to me a low level of hops with a nice malt backbone and light honey presence.

Looking tasty. I'm about ready to fire up a blood orange hefeweizen in the next couple days. What yeast are you going with?

Sounds delicious! Greetings from Seymour! I make it up to your neck of the woods a few times a year to catch some awesome venues!

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking about using a WYeast American wheat strain. "Dry Lemoning" sounds like a good idea. I added grapefruit and orange zest to my secondary of my citrus wit earlier this week.

Ritsi, Thanks for thread link. When did you add the 1.6 lemon zest? Boil or secondary? I'm thinking about using a combination of both..

Kaiser, Greetings from Noblesville! We just moved to the area and I'm looking forward to this Summer's concert season :)

I added half during the boil and half during secondary, so along the same lines of thinking as you, hope this comes out well!

How'd this turn out? I'm looking for a recipe for an easy lemon honey wheat and this one looks good. Any reports on the results?

I brewed this batch a couple weeks ago, but not using those exact measurements. I will let you know in a few more weeks!

sbanach said:
I brewed this batch a couple weeks ago, but not using those exact measurements. I will let you know in a few more weeks!

Would like to see your final recipe and how it turned out.

Back