• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shirron Plate Chiller +PLUS+ 5" Ashcroft In Line Thermometer, Ball Valve, and QD's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigpi906

Reaction score
This Shirron Plate Chiller has been used 10-15 times in the last 2 years. I bought it with a grand vision of having a single tier brew rig... finances (and wife) decided otherwise. Descriptions of this product abound, so I wont post mine. However, I will elaborate on the setup that I am selling.

The thermometer has a 2.5" probe, so it's reading the temperature of the COOLED wort leaving the chiller and going into your carboy. With everything hooked up and pumping, you will use the 1/2" ball valve to adjust the flow of wort (faster or slower) to raise or lower your temperature to your desire. The reading on the face of this 5" thermometer registers IMMEDIATELY so there will be NO QUESTION what temperature wort you are putting into your carboy.

This chiller has been cleaned and backflushed with PBW after every use is very clean. It works like a champ, and it hurts my soul to sell it... but such is life.

I'm including the 5" Ashcroft Bimetal Thermometer and the 1/2" ball valve with 1/2" QD's

$80 plus shipping. I'm in Arkansas.

email me at [email protected]

Back