Neighborhood Homebrew fest success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Last weekend's neighborhood homebrew focused Oktoberfest was a success. It looks like a new tradition in the neighborhood was born last Saturday.

We started with 8 beverages on tap. Amazingly, my Oktoberfest was the first corny to float. :cross:

4569-OktoberfestBrewBoard.JPG

Still has room for 3 more brews though.

This 2x2x4 water tank worked great at holding cornies and keeping them cold.

4569-OktoberfestBrewBin.JPG

We served up 35 pounds of pulled pork & 128 Johnsonville Brats to over a 100 people. Everyone brought a side dish, chairs, & what not to the biggest cul-de-sac in the neighborhood and enjoyed great beer, food, & German music. We even picked up a few new attendees for next month's Teach a friend to homebrew day.

Next year, we'll have a fully populated brewboard.

Homebrew, pulled pork & brats? That's a recipe for a good time. :D

It's good that you have fellow homebrewers in the neighborhood who can appreciate great beer!

DaveyBoy said:
Homebrew, pulled pork & brats? That's a recipe for a good time. :D

It's good that you have fellow homebrewers in the neighborhood who can appreciate great beer!

I hope you sent a nice tip to your sewage and sanitation workers. That sounds like about 900 Courics worth of damage they'll have to deal with.

Looks like a great time! 900 courics probably was only the half of it :D.

Do you have any problem with the beer in the lines becoming warm/skunked? Or was the beer being pulled fast enough to make it pretty much negligible?

Wow, what an excellent sounding time. That is a terrific idea. You need to post a few more pics of the "event". Just looking at that tub makes me drool.

Danny013 said:
Do you have any problem with the beer in the lines becoming warm/skunked? Or was the beer being pulled fast enough to make it pretty much negligible?

No problem on the beer lines. Beer was being pulled pretty quick and consistant. it worked great.

Another year goes by and another Oktoberfest under the belt. This year we had 10 brews available plus German Wines. We had about 130 people show up. Pulled pork sammiches, brats, and all the fixins, plus beer & German music till about midnight.

The Coolerator was outfitted with 7 faucets and we still had 3 cornies with picnic taps. This is the same one that got stolen and recovered in August.

Oktoberfest-2008a.jpg

Oktoberfest-2008b.jpg

This shot is early in the party. It's acutally 4 photos stitched together.

Oktoberfest-2008c.jpg

We had a special guest. Yuri Rage and his SWMBO joined us and he provided a keg of American wheat.

Oktoberfest-2008d.jpg

I've pointed him out to you.

heh. Have to say that's the first trailer mounted BEER dispenser I've seen. ;)

Yeah, after you load it with 7 kegs, 80 lbs of ice and 1/2 gallon of Jägermeister it's pretty hard to move it without one. :D

So far it's been to 2 brew fests and I think we'll use it for a Chili Cook off in January and maybe February too.

This sucks.
You guys suck.
I really like Colorado....And really...I don't want to move to Texas.

But if you guys are going to keep that up....I'm gonna have to.

(sorry...Did I say you guys?....I'm really not trying to talk like Palin!)

In my little neighborhood of about 100 homes, we have 8 homebrewers (including me). This event is pulling them out of the wood work. Pretty cool.

Shoot, my neighbors are rednecks, dairy farmers, amish and mennonites.
If we had a party there would be old milwaukee, warm milk and pumpkin whoopies.

Yeah, after you load it with 7 kegs, 80 lbs of ice and 1/2 gallon of Jägermeister it's pretty hard to move it without one. :D

And apparently with the trailer it's a little too easy for some pot-head kids to move.

But I digress.

I think I stand for everyone else watching this thread when I say the sight of that coolerator makes me drool. :drunk:

And apparently with the trailer it's a little too easy for some pot-head kids to move.

True dat! It got strapped down hitched back up that night and went home with me that same night. It's now back at the ranch with BLC sitting in the lines and covered with a plastic tarp till the next event.

WOW! Impressed as always Ed. You gave me a brief moment of inspiration about brewing in the local community and starting a homebrewfest. But then I remembered that I live in the ghetto and everyone around me drinks Steel Reserve. In fact, I've had several people think I'm cooking meth. :( This is the first time I've wanted to move to Texas.

Good deal. I think events like these are much needed medicine for our ailing society. I didn't take any pics from our recent Oktoberfest, but it went swimmingly. pjj2ba brought several beers of his along with some goodies. Another guy brought a growler of his Stout. It was a blast and everyone was able just to kick off their shoes and have a good time. I am kind of on the hook now....we need more fests :D

I gotta get brewing hehe.

In my little neighborhood of about 100 homes, we have 8 homebrewers (including me). This event is pulling them out of the wood work. Pretty cool.
Sounds like a fun neighborhood Ed. No need to go to a bar with 8 homebrewing neighbors. I have a friend that lives about a mile from my place, closest homebrewer to me.

This sucks.
You guys suck.
I really like Colorado....And really...I don't want to move to Texas.

But if ya'll are going to keep that up....I'm gonna have to.

Fixed that for ya! :D Everyone should want to live in the Lone Star State!

On topic - Looks like it was a blast, Ed! Hope to make it out and meet you one day.

Back