Quck Disconnects and Gas Hose Size Difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
I am putting the final touches on the kegerator (keezer) and just got the CO2 tank. I noticed that when I placed the (red) gas hose on the quick disconnect, it went on without any pressure at all really - the QD is 1/4 and the hose is 5/16.

Do I need to get an adapter to make this fit more secure or should i just tighten down a clamp really tight and leave it?

I have a clamp for it, this hose:

Hose, Gas, Red, 5/16 ID, 9/16 OD, Per Foot

and this quick disconnect:

Disconnects (Set of 2) for IN (GAS) and OUT (liquid) Pin Lock 1/4"Barb

Now i see that they sell them with the 5/16ths connection that I really needed.

So whatcha think? Leave the tight clamp on there or is there an adapter that I can/should purchase?

The way I have mine set up is with 5/16" hose and 1/4" barbed QDs. I haven't noticed any leaks at the connection at all. I cranked down the hose clamps pretty good as well.

Hope this helps.

The way I have mine set up is with 5/16" hose and 1/4" barbed QDs. I haven't noticed any leaks at the connection at all. I cranked down the hose clamps pretty good as well.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone else done this long term with no problems. I would prefer not to have to buy the QD's again. This project gets too $$$ ha ha ha. Everytime i turn around I am buying something else.

Back