Quality Saterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinbin

Reaction score
Near perfect Saterday night. Stayed in with SWMBO, and talked her into being my assistant for brewing my second batch. She still won't drink it but she says she loves the way the kitchen smells. :) So I cracked open a bottle of my first batch to enjoy while brewing the second. :cool: My basic Red Ale came out just the littlest bit bitter on the back end, but I am absolutly satisfied with the overall outcome. So tonight for some variety we are brewing a basic Wheat Ale. Both are from extract, but I am feeling confident with my newly aquired skills and I think the next batch we will step up to some specialty grains. With 30 mins left on the boil, I think its time for another trip to the frige for some HB. Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and helpfull stories. This board was my best find so far. Cheers to all! :mug:

:ban: Quick update: The Wheat is in the primary. Just tucked it into the water tub to keep the temp down. (its been pretty darn hot out here lately) On a whim I added an ounce of vanilla extract to the wort after chilling, just to see what comes out :cross: Maybe it was the three HBs or maybe I'm just getting brave. Either way, I can't see that small amount causing a bad reaction. (I had a nice bottle of good extract my sister had sent me from down under) So away it goes to the closet. Next project: Hit the garage sales for a good used frige. I see a fermentaion box in the near future. :)

Good Job, pretty soon actually drinking them takes a back seat to brewing them... (HA!)

BTW... Saturday and Fridge.

Back